The incident

Every one has their story, their adventure and their hidden glory. Everyone has their secrets maybe bad maybe gory. Everyone has a future written in the stars, their paths unknown, until the right moment comes.

Tessa's prov:

Those were the last words my father said to me before going off to fight in WW3, I think it was his way of saying "I love you, and don't cry for me. His special good bye". However, I will never know as two years into the war my mother received a telegram stating that my father had been killed in action and that his body was never found.

His platoon of soldiers had been ambushed will crossing the Murray River, their blood staining the crystal water, body's floating in a hectic order down stream. Some of the men and women had been found a little upstream, but over 20 bodies were never found, lost, most likely eaten or rotting with the trees and carcass'.

Heart broken and desperate my mother couldn't bare the plagueing sorrow of the loss of my father, so she threw herself off Mount Titan falling almost 100 meters, the evening in which the when the police found her they stated that the body was scattered across several meters of the ravine something a child of my age should not see. Even though I am 17 and have seen my fair share of horrors during the two years of war, the friends that I have lost my brother and sister who were killed in a train accident six mouths before the war. Now after having recovered from the pain of losing my siblings my parents died leaving me truly alone. I was all that was left of the Daniels family line and with no cousins or siblings I felt alone.

Several days later a small funeral was held in memorial for both of my parents, some of my remaining friends and family attended offering their deepest sympathy and condolences' but nothing would be able to fill the endless hole in my heart. I watched as both coffins were lowered into the ground, the ropes squealing and crying. I had no time to cry nor weep not time to say goodbye for I was quickly transported over seas to my mystery aunt's house. I didn't know what she looked like, or how she acted hell she didn't even show up for my parents funeral and I was met to live the next three years with her. Where would I go to school, what would become of my friends?

After two days of travelling I arrived at her house, or should I say mansion it was huge with several bedrooms and winding corridors almost like a horror house at a theme park. It had a large garden which stretched into a black forest.

Yet something was off it was as if the house carried a heavy burden and it was slowly tearing itself up, everyone you would walk on the floor boards it would sound as if a person was screaming in pain or misery. It was unbearable, making your ears hurt to the point that it felt as if they were going to bleed, and your head pound harder then one's heart. It didn't help that the nearest neighbour was almost ten miles away, nothing was their but the forest. If I could then I would avoid the forest at all costs, yet I couldn't shake the growing feeling that in the near future we would be meeting face to face.

My aunt was the scariest part of the house, she wore raven black clothes and a scoul that spread from ear to ear. She rarely spoke to me unless I did something wrong or she wanted me to go get her something. She didn't seem at all bothered by the deaths of my parent's and barely acknowledged me, for the first time in my life I felt truly alone and scared that something would happen to me. Modify would know and nobody would care most of my friends stopped talking to me and the other family members seemed to have disappeared as quickly as they had appeared.

On the forth night of my long stay she ordered me to collect some mushrooms from the neighboring forest, the trees curved towards the paths blocking out the sun's rays the wind carried a lulling tune that drew you further into the forest. I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being observed from above I did not dare look in fear that my suspicion was correct. I could have sworn that the tune grew louder and louder and that I could hear faint steps coming my way. What or who they belonged to I did not know and it wasn't my intention to find out.