Who To Choose...?

I sat right by the hallway to his office. I had my hands in my face trying to figure out which one of them I would choose. "Did he ask you?" Cuphead asked. I looked up at him and nodded. "I'm so sorry. We were kind of forced to agree on it. The only way we agreed was if you could bring someone here." He told me. "You added that in?" I asked. "Yea. You were so disappointed that you might never see your friends or family again, so we wanted to do something about it." He told me. "Thanks for that. It's just hard to figure out who I should choose." I said. "I'll leave ya alone for this." He said while walking back to the bar. I sighed and put my hands on my face. Why is this so hard?! I thought this would be so much easier! They're both worthy of the position. But they are brothers. Not only that, twins. They live together and I can tell how much they care for each other. They both fought for their souls. They saved most of Inkwell from eternal servitude to the Devil. This is the hardest thing I will ever have to choose. After spending the rest of the time I had, I finally chose one of them. I stood up and walked back in his office. "Few minutes late. Was it that hard to choose?" The Devil asked. "Very. They're both worthy of the position, but I have made my decision." I replied. "Who'd ya choose?" He asked. For some reason, I just got really nervous. "I-I, um..." I stammered. "Go on." Dice said. I feel like I have too much pressure on me right now. "I choose Cuphead..." I told them. They both looked confused. "Why?" Dice asked. "First off, they're brothers and they live together. They both care about each other so much. And Cuphead has been through so much. He kind of lost Mugman's trust for a good while because he gambled their souls away. When I first met him, he seemed like the irresponsible type, but now he's really changed." I told them. "If you say so." The Devil threw a small blue vile that had a spade on it behind his chair. He grabbed the red vile with a diamond on it and asked me, "Are you sure this is your final decision?". I nodded with a determined expression. "Okay. We'll continue this tomorrow. Afterwards, we go get your sister. Deal?" He asked me while holding out his hand. "Deal." I mumbled and shook his hand. "What was that?" He leaned in closer to me. I turned away and said louder, "Deal!". He let go of my hand and sat back down. "Now run along, I have an injection to make here." He told me. I shivered and left. I grabbed my backpack from the end of the hallway and went over to a seat at the end of the bar. I buried my head in my arms and lied there for what seem like forever. I heard footsteps on the other side of the bar coming towards me. "So, uh... who'd ya choose?" Cuphead asked. I lifted my head up and just stared at him. "Whoa, what happened?" He asked. I felt my eyes starting to water. I quickly wiped my eyes and said, "I chose you, Cuphead.". He seemed shocked and took a step back. He leaned in closer and asked, "You chose me? Why me? Mugs is clearly the reasonable choice here.". "You're both worthy of the position. I chose you because you've been through so much and... you care a lot about me. And a few others as well." I told him. "I really did not expect this. Who are ya bringing here then?" He asked. "You're gonna meet my sister in the next few days." I told him. "This'll be interesting." He said. He started to walk away but turned back to tell me, "Thank you. This is really a shock to me. I don't think I could thank you enough for giving me a chance at responsibility.". I just smiled and put my head back down. I heard him walk away and a few minutes later footsteps that sounded like they were either going past me or coming up to me. Someone patted me on my arm. "You made the right choice." Mugs told me. I lifted my head up slightly to see him standing in front of me. "What do you mean by that?" I asked. "I mean that if you chose me, it wouldn't exactly give Cuphead that chance at responsibility. Even though we all live together. I'm sure this is all very overwhelming to you, but it is to us as well." He replied. "Also, who did you choose to come here?". "Get ready to meet my sister in a few days. We're both the equal amount of insane." I told him. "Please tell me she doesn't have a joke book too." Mugman said. "Nah, she doesn't. She isn't a huge fan of racing either. She's a lot better at drawing than I am. Even has some medals and awards for it. I think you'll like her." I told him. "How old is she, exactly?" He asked. "22. She's married, by the way." I told him. "I just wanted to know her age. Do you have any other siblings?" He asked. "Yea, an older brother and another older sister. I'm the youngest and so called "Baby" of the family. Yet, I'm the oldest one out of my cousins. Under 21, at least. The youngest would, I think, be 5 months." I told him. "And my parents decided to give us all J names, so don't call me Julia, because we will get mad about it.". "I can definitely try. Try and relax for now. We'll be leaving in a few hours." He told me while walking into the kitchen. Well, I guess I have to think of baby names now.