Chapter Fourteen

Jelani answers the call coming in from Paul.

"Good Morning Paul."

"Good Morning Boss. How is Wakanda?"

"It's nice. It's only my third day here."

Paul laughs as she shrugs and smiles at him

"How are the men and women?"

"They're doing well. A bit angry that you have left with Erik."

"Tell them that I wouldn't have taken Erik if it wasn't necessary. Now, let's talk work."

"Alrighty then," Paul says as he brings a black notebook out. "You ready? Because this first client is your favourite~" he says in a sing-song voice making Jelani groan.

"I hate it already."

"Well, when you become the Queen of Wakanda, we won't have to do this anymore."

"You think I'm giving up my empire just because I am queen? In the great words of Eartha Kitt: HA! Compromise?"

Paul laughs as they begin to go over what the client wants and what they need to do.
*🐉🐉🐉*
Erik sits in the office of the therapist he was given. His name is Dr. Hali and he is an older gentleman, maybe in his fifties, early sixties, with grey locs that come to his shoulder. He has rich brown skin and thin gold frame glasses sit on his nose.

"Hello, Prince N'Jadaka or do you prefer Erik?"

"Erik...still getting used to the whole "prince" thing."

He smiles.

"Understandable. So tell me, why are you here?"

"Cause my boss thinks I need it."

Dr. Hali raises an eyebrow.

"Lady Jelani correct?"

"Yes."

"Well, why does your boss want you here?"

"Cause she thinks I need to be here."

"You don't really like therapy do you?"

"No."

Dr. Hali chuckles.

"Erik I don't want to have to go to Lady Jelani because one that is an invasion of your privacy and two: she's not the one who has to go to therapy."

Erik is quiet.

"Would you prefer I have Lady Jelani tell me?"

"..."

Dr. Hali sighs before sending a quick text to Jelani.

"Well, We'll wait for her."
*🐉🐉🐉*
Erik feels like a child in the principal's office. Jelani is wearing a simple black spaghetti strap tank top with black ripped jeans, black chunky wedges, and a black duster cardigan that reaches her knees.