CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR.

Mulai dari awal

It was Alexandra that opened the door, her mouth falling open at the sight of Michael. Nobody had honestly believed that Michael would be returning home, even Hannah had given up a little. The fiery streak that Hannah had was slowly burning out, all of her time and energy going into doing hardly anything but be sad and wait for Michael. Now that Michael was back, Alexandra hoped that the old Hannah would return.

"Well, this is a nice little Christmas gift for Hannah," Alexandra said with a wide smile.

"Where is she?" Michael asked, rather, quick and intensely. He was keen to get inside and see Hannah but he had to make sure that none of the sisters were knocking around, it would only lead to argument.

"She's currently in the bath - " Alexandra paused and opened the door wider, allowing Michael inside. "The nuns are currently at the mother house for a couple of days and will not be back until tomorrow night. I probably shouldn't be doing this, and I will get into a lot of trouble if anyone finds out that I've let you in. It's just me and the girls here, and everyone is currently on duty but me, and no one will be back until later tonight. So, you have the whole convent to yourself for the day. Just don't make any mess, aye?" Alexandra told him with a smile as she grabbed her coat. "Mine and Hannah's bedroom is straight up the stairs on the right, there's a blue ribbon around the door handle for some reason."

"Thank you for this. I promise that I won't say anything to anyone."

Alexandra smiled again, pleased to see Michael alive and well despite everything they had occurred. "It's not a problem. Also, I know you two haven't seen each other for a long time but please no sex in the convent."

Michael laughed and nodded his head. "I promise."

Alexandra left Michael alone to find his way to the bedroom. As he walked up the stairs, he could hear Hannah's soft voice as she sung 'moonlight bay', a song that her mother used to sing to her when she was younger. There was the sound of water crashing about in the tub, mixing in with Hannah's somewhat good singing, Michael felt at home as he leaned against the wall and listened to her, her voice the greatest melody that Michael had ever heard.

Michael made his way over to Hannah's bedroom, wanting to surprise her when she entered the room. Just as he was about to open the door, he took note of the blue ribbon and recognised it immediately. It was a blue ribbon with black stitching, the same ribbon that Michael had used to wrap up Hannah's first present from himself. It was a simple thing, but it made Michael happy. Just to know that Hannah had kept little things like that from their relationship, it also made him believe in his and Hannah's relationship - maybe there was still something there for them.

Feeling like a little child, Michael sat on the edge of Hannah's bed and waited patiently for her to come out of the bath. She always loved taking her time when it came to taking baths, wanting to enjoy every minute of peace and relaxation before they day ahead. Michael often joined her, the two of them laid in the water in complete silence as they allowed the warm water to take over their bodies, sending them into a calm state of mind and helping them to forget about the disasters that seemed to follow them around constantly.

"Alexandra, do you think that Dr Dring would mind me doing some work in his office?" Hannah shouted as she walked down the hallway, believing that Alexandra was located in their shared bedroom. "I mean, I need the money and it would give me something else to do other than just - "

Michael stood up instantly, unsure of what to do with himself. Hannah was stood in the doorway, a towel wrapped around her body, and her body still damp. There was a noticeable gulp as she looked Michael up and down, unsure if he was there or not. For all she knew, she could have been imagining it. She had spent so many nights awake, thinking and fantasying about Michael that she honestly thought he was there most of the time, holding her and protecting her.