"Fine." He glared at me through narrowed eyes.

"That little girl in the painting is you." He folded his arms across his chest as if challenging me to ask more.

My whole life flashed through my eyes. Growing up in the basement with my cruel aunt who told me my parents had died, the days of pain and hunger, my best friend Rob who helped me, my escape and the train blast that followed, meeting Mathew on the road and getting a lift to Athens, only to be caught in the middle of a war then ending up in Aberda, meeting Stavros and being accused of being a traitor, working as his maid to prove myself, moving back to this castle only to be treated as guest and now finding a young me on the wall of this abandoned room. Nothing made sense to me and I felt myself break.

I looked back at the painting to see a beautiful young woman holding me with love. She had the same crazy hair like me and her eyes looked full of happiness. It could only mean one thing, she was my mother.

"Is..is she alive?" My lips quivered as I stared at her, feeling an ache in my chest. I longed to be with her. My heart cried as I sat down on the floor all my anger towards Stavros fading away. My voice was bearly audible.

"No."

"My dad?" I asked as I gulped the tears back.

Stavros moved towards the painting adjacent to this one and uncovered it. There I saw a male and a female holding each other in a loving embrace as they gazed into each other's eyes. They were my parents. I stood up as I stared at my dad. He had black hair and pale skin. I got my hazel eyes from him. They both looked good together. I smiled even though I wanted to cry. I smiled because all my life I have wondered who my parents were and I finally got a chance to meet them.

"Is he-"

"No."

Stavros carried on uncovering all the paintings around the room one by one and I followed him. Some were of me with my mum or dad or all of us together. I looked healthy and...happy. So then why don't I remember anything? I looked towards Stavros as he could read my mind and waited for an answer. He made eye contact and I saw a face I have never seen before. A concerned one.

"I did not want you to find out like this." He frustratingly ran his hand through his hair.

"Elise, your memory was wiped at the age of six before you were sent to your Aunt's. You are the last Princess of Aberda."

I was stunned at hearing the words roll out of his mouth. Nothing made sense yet all I could care about was my parents.

'And my parents?' I spoke in my mind because I felt myself break at every piece of information he gave me. If I spoke I knew I would break down and I could not afford that. I had to find out everything.

"I think you should make your way back to our chambers." He spoke as he took a few steps forward. He offered me his hand. I stared at it and then at him before putting my small one in his large warm one. I honestly did not have any energy left to argue.

When our hands connected it sent electricity through my body but he looked unfazed. His face now back to being blank and it made me shocked at how good he was concealing every emotion whereas I was a mess.

However, as soon as I recalled moments from earlier today, I let go of his hand. He can hold hands with his 'dear' Stella. I could feel his gaze on me for a second before he carried on walking. When we reached the west wing of the castle Stavros took a step towards his room before I reached out and stopped him desperately.

"Please. I need to know." I pleaded, my voice almost cracking. Stavros twitched at the sound of my voice and dragged me in his room by my arm.

"Sit." He ordered as his eyes pointed to his bed fuming.