Chapter 25

(Not edited-please ignore any mistakes)

"Do you wish to find out what happened to the previous King?" Lila asked me as she made the enormous bed in my room while I brushed my crazy ginger hair.

"No Lila. I don't think he would want me to know." I moved my head sideways with a grim expression. Yet for some strange reason my heart ached with the thought of Stavros keeping personal things from me.

Lila was about to respond but she was interrupted by one of the workers claiming they needed her in the kitchen. I also offered to help in the kitchen however Aunt Linda was having none of it.

The weather was dreadful today. My mood was as dull as the the clouds which concealed the sun away.

I could hear the thunder as I roamed around the castle halls. There was a particular room that I came across earlier which spiked my curiosity. I found myself in front of the large brown door. I looked around making sure no one was looking.

As my hand reached to open the rusty door, a guard appeared from the corner of my eyes and I jumped back guilty. I felt like a right criminal invading this castle.

"Miss with all due respect what are you doing here?" The large bulky guard challenged.

"Er I was just looking around?" I put a few locks behind my ear as I nervously looked around. This is when I realised this guard was a vampire as he had this intimidating energy that all supernatural creatures have given me.

"Sir Nathan has arrived and is waiting for you at the stables." The guard declared sternly.

"But the weather today...okay." I hurried away from the guard when the expression on his face started becoming scarier.

I knew deep down that the guard was just doing his job and after all, I was staying at King Stavros's castle. The security ought to be harsh here.

I made my way to the stables where I saw Sir Nathan feed the horse I had been practising on for the past week. I still hadn't come up with a name for the poor thing. I would say though I was getting better at the skill and my body became more toned in the right places.

"Isn't he lovely. Got a name for him yet?" Sir Nathan asked as I petted the horse.

"Not yet no. By the way, why are you here today?"

"Oh that was a bit harsh Li. Didn't you miss your teacher over the weekend?"

"To be frank, no. I mean you don't plan on making me work in this weather do you?"

"Well I do have-"

"Contessa!" Matt exclaimed far off in the distance which brought a smirk on my face. Nathan fell silent as to whatever he was about to say.

I turned towards Matt who seemed quiet worried.

"What is it Matt?" I questioned a bit concerned.

"The King...he has called for you." Matt breathed out with a frown on his face.

"I have to go." I turned towards Nathan who had a rigid look on his face. He appeared very disappointed.

"Lets hope the weather is good tomorrow then." Nathan placed a big smile on his face as I vanished from his sight.

"Matt? Is everything alright with the King?" I probed.

"Contessa I must tell you. The King is in a very bad mood so be careful." Matt declared as he went up the stairs followed by me.

"I don't understand where I come into this?" I quizzed but from the look on Matt's face he was as clueless as myself.

My heart was racing at one hundred miles per hour by now as I stood before his majesty's office. Matt didn't help me one bit by giving me a frail look. He urged me to go in and so I did.