Chapter1

Rowena's pov

I was sitting at Java Jones with my friend Simon waiting for my little sister, Clary Fray, to come back from her art school interview.

Clary enters Java Jones. It doesn't look good, she looks sad.

"Give me the professor's name and I will end them." Simon said and I looked at him and I know he wouldn't do such a thing. "You know...with a scathing email to the dean"

"Don't bother." Clary huffs and handed Simon and I the acceptance letter.

"Sad face, really?" I said and Clary giggles in response.
"Well played, Clary." Simon says proudly of his best friend.

"Thank you, guys! It is really weird, they kinda liked my assigned work, but they flipped out over the drawings for our graphic novel." Clary said as I stirred my latte that Simon just brought over.

"Yeah, a 'nerd thing'" I said looking a little bit worried. I have a really bad feeling tho and I don't really know why.

"This day will go down in history as the greatest 18th birthday you ever had." Simon brought me back to reality and continued "Which is why we are celebrated tonight."

"Yeah, with Maureen after our show."

"Ok, I'm down." I said to my friend and my sister.

"So, what's the deal with you and Maureen?" Clary asked as I wiggled my eyebrows, giggling slightly. Oh, Clary, oh.

"What deal? No deal. We sing together." Simod said.

"You seriously don't know she's been crushing on you this whole time?" Clary asked.

"What? No." Simon replied, before giving me and Clary a serious stare.

"Simon, how can someone as smart and perceptive as you not realise that the person right there is in love with you?" Clary questioned as she placed biscotti on her paper.
Look, who's talking. Simon is been in love with her since middle school. God, the way he looks at her. Everyone sees it, everyone but Clary.

"I guarantee you I'm not the only smart, perceptive person to make that mistake." Simon replied.

I chuckled to myself. Clary began to look at her beverage. "That's a latte," Simon said sarcastically pointing to the cup that Clary is staring at.

"But I could have sworn I had a biscotti." She said looking confused, lifting her plate and sketchbook to look for the tiny biscuit.

"Maybe you ate it before you realized that." I replied trying to end that subject.

"It happens to me all the time." Simon said as me and Clary laugh at him.

☆☆☆

Clary and I went to our apartment and antic shop that Jocelyn owns. We entered and saw Dot, Jocelyn's best friend.

"Hey, Dot" we said in unisol. I looked at her only to see her looking  at me already. Yeah, creppy.

"How's the future looking?" Clary questions Dot.

"Not as good as yours. The tarot cards tell me that you got into the advanced programme."

"And by the tarot cards you mean Simon's twitter account." I joke.

"Okay, I follow. Turns out predicting the future with tarot cards is very complicated.  But I do see a birthday present in both of your future."

"Dot, it's not my birthday." I said a little bit surprised.

"I know, Ro, but I wanted you to have it." Dot said. You see, Dot is like a second mother to me. Or even a third one.

"Open them." I nod and Clary did as well.

Clary opened the present, she pulled up a black, long- sleeved top with black cutouts.

"Wooowwoww. I love it, Dot."

Clary and Dot turned around to face me, "Your turn!".

I smile before pulling up a black tight leather jacket.

"Dot....it's perfect. Thank you." I said and then I gave her a super tight hug.

"You know, you're better at gifts than magically predicting the future." Clary tell Dot. Little does she know. I looked at Dot and gave her a glimpse. Dot knew I'm not a Fray but she never made differences between us.

"Nothing magical about it, I just buy the things I wanna wear. Happy birthday, Clary. I love you both." She said smiling and pulles us in a hug as we thank her.

"We love you too, Dot."

☆☆☆

"Mom" Clary called as we get uo to our apartment. She comes running, her face was filled with excitement.

"You did it!"  Jocelyn pulled Clary into a tight hug.

"You also follow Simon?" I said shaking my head. If you want to know what he's doing, go on his twitter account, he's posting everything there.

"He only has 92 followers, he needs the retweets. Congratulations." She said again.

"Thank you, hashtag stalker mom."

"Happy birthday." She said as she gave us a little box.

"Again, it's not my bir-" I said. "Just open it." She said. You see, Jocelyn and I weren't like a mother and a daughter would be. When I arrived here for the first time, she knew that I am a shadow hunter. She told me that my parents died because of the Circle. She told me about Valentine, everything. I was 4 years old  then and I still remember. She was pregnant but I still have no idea who the father is and she told me that I need to take care of Clary. I learned how to fight with a sword, an arrow, a dagger and so on. Luke taught me.

I decided to open the gift and I saw the stele. My stele. What's going on? Jocelyn will finally tell the story to Clary? Will she tell her that she is a shadowhunter?

"What is it?" Clary asked.

"It's a stele." Jocelyn replied.

"Like a paperweight?" Clary asked. Normally I would laugh but now I'm in shok.

"No, it's much more than that. It's very ancient. I want you two to have it. It's a family heirloom."

Yeah, sure. I didn't want to hear the rest of their conversation and I walked away. As I was still walking I dumped in someone. I looked up and I saw Luke.

"Hey Luke. Look what Jocelyn gave me. Will she tell the story?" I asked.

"Hm, she will try. You know Jocelyn." Luke response.

"Unfortunately, I do." I said looking at my stele.

"Hey, don't forget what I taught you, ok?" He said smiling.

"I won't. I primise." I said, giving him the best smile I could.

"Ok, let's go to find Clary and Jocelyn." He sais. "I'm gonna go and change. We'll go out to celebrate Clary's birthday." I say and he noded.

Here is the chapter 1.
I hope you like it. I have been working on this one hard. So please vote.
Love to you!

💙💙💙

EDITED