Chapter 31

I wandered aimlessly around the dark forest. Honestly, it should have scared me but for some reason, it didn't. I felt more at peace there than I have ever felt in the city. I could be me there. I loved everything about my surroundings; the clear stars, the scent of the pine trees, the sounds of nature. It's just peaceful. Well, it was

The first feeling came quickly. I didn't know why but it felt like my body was on fire, trying to burn me from the inside out. I couldn't scream. My throat was too dry and I hadn't brought anything with me. I had just walked off without telling anyone. I remember scratching at my clothes when the next painful feeling washed over me. It felt like a rusty, chipped knife blade was slowly digging into my back, ripping chunks of flesh off of my muscle fibers. Tears poured down my face as the burning feeling returned to my eyes and neck. 

"It seems your most dangerous power is rebelling." I looked towards the source of the voice. It was a man with black hair and he was covered with scars and piercings. I tried to speak but nothing came out.

"It's fun to watch you suffer. Unfortunately, I can be a good person sometimes." I felt a warm hand cup my cheek. I looked at up at him, wondering why he was helping me. He had dark patches of skin pierced underneath his eyes, from his jaw all the way down his neck, and on his arms, stopping at his wrists. Almost immediately, the agonizing pain and burning stopped.

"Why..?" I croaked out. He gave me a water bottle, which I gulped down greedily. 

"Don't concern yourself with that. What you need to worry about is your unstable power. It will kill you."

"Eventually. But that's inevitable." I handed him the empty water bottle. I lifted my hand up to my eye. "What color are they? My eyes."

"Blood red," he smirked. "It suits you, Ms. Lunar Eclipse." I glanced at him and he shrugged. "It's what they remind me of." 

"You know about Emotion. How?" I got up and stepped away from the man. Something told me that this guy wasn't out here for a late night stroll. 

"Those scars on your arms. They from hand face?" I flinched and rubbed my arms. 

"That's none of your business."

"You can't remember, can you?" He narrowed his eyes at me. 

"I said that's none of your business!" Blue flames appeared around me, scorching the grass. Was this his quirk?

"Ah, you are the girl that hand face wanted." The man smirked at me and turned around. "You'll see me again, Eclipse. All you have to do is wait." Then, he walked off. The flames died down and I fell to my knees. What the hell just happened? 

I numbly walked back to the campsite. Everyone was eating and having a good time. I had joined them but barely ate anything even though I was starving. I was lost in thought and I could tell that Katsuki and Izuku were worried about me, especially since my eyes were still red. Izuku was the first to talk to me. "Hana? Are you feeling okay?" 

"Yeah, my walk just... didn't go as expected." I cut the conversation there by getting up and heading to the springs. I was the only one in there so I decided not to use a towel. I closed my eyes, leaned against a rock and relaxed in the naturally hot water. 

Screaming. Blue fire everywhere. The city is up in flames. My fault. I didn't mean to do this. Someone, please, save me

I must have dozed off because when I opened my eyes, I was met with a drooling Mineta. 

"What the fuck are you doing here you damned pervert!?" I stood and slapped the purple haired idiot. He flew into the wall that divided the baths. 

"We should ask you the same thing, Ms. Hana." I heard Iida's voice and looked towards the door. All of the boys were standing there, practically naked and blushing. Well, Izuku was just shocked at my being there. 

"Oh fuck." I sank lower into the water, hiding my body. It was too late though, they all saw it. "S-Someone grab my t-towel. I-I'll get out of your hair." 

Todoroki took my towel off of the nearby rock formation and brought it over to me. His face was flushed as well and he looked like he wanted to say something but he held himself back. I hid behind the rock I was resting against and wrapped the towel around my body tightly. I stepped out and started walking towards the exit. "Please. Everyone just forget what you saw. This was all an accident and I'd rather not get lectured by anyone, especially Aizawa." I walked off before anyone could respond to my comment.  

I got dressed quickly after that and went to the roof of the cabin class 1-A was staying in. It was quiet there but it didn't calm the war inside my head. Why couldn't I be normal? Why do people want to hurt me? Why am I feeling this way? Would it all stop if I didn't exist anymore?

I gripped my hair and looked up at the stars. My tears threatened to spill over onto my cheeks. Something is wrong with me. What is wrong with me? My chest feels heavy. My emotions are getting the better of me. What emotion is this?

'You will never be able to protect them.' A voice whispered to me. 

'You can't do anything,' Another voice joined. 

'Worthless freak.' And another.

'Their blood will be on your hands!!' The voices were screaming at me now and I couldn't shut them up. 'Hurt! Hurt as you will hurt them! You will cause their deaths!' 

I rolled up my sleeves and blue fire started dancing across my fingers. I lowered those little, blue flames to my exposed flesh. 

"Hana?" My head shot up towards the voice, the flames on my fingers disappearing. Katsuki was standing there with two flavored milks in his hands. "What the fuck are you doing?" 

~~~~~~

I understand that I've been doing author's notes more lately and for that, I apologize but I felt that it was necessary for this chapter. Obviously, there are some mature themes in this chapter. These themes will be reoccurring over the next chapter. As most people know, not all obstacles are tangible and I wanted to portray this in my book. If any reader cannot handle watching a character struggle through the intangible obstacles then, I ask that those readers not comment something insensitive. I also ask that if someone comments their opinion that people do not attack them for it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and while I believe in free speech for all people, attacking people for their speech will not be tolerated. If any reader struggles with these obstacles and feels the need to talk to someone then please know that anyone can message me anytime and rant about life. Thank you to whoevers read this note and I hope everyone has a great day/night. 

-LMM