𝟑.𝟏𝟔

─── 「MY SCARS ARE MY OWN」 ───

     Bellamy walked beside Pike, guiding him toward the cave where the rest were hiding

     Bellamy walked beside Pike, guiding him toward the cave where the rest were hiding. I hated him. I hated what he had become. I couldn't understand where things had taken a turn for the worse and Bellamy had decided to become everything we despised. Sam walked beside me, both of us handcuffed and gagged, with a rifle to our backs as two guards moved behind us. This was not how our lives were meant to go.

- "Sure about the route?" –Pike glanced at Bellamy- "We're getting close to the blockade line."

- "That's why Kane set up out here, he didn't think we'd risk it."

- "Well, he was wrong."

Sam's breathing became heavier as she heard them interact; I elbowed her lightly to gain her attention as I shook my head. I knew she was thinking of something, but I couldn't risk losing her too; she clenched her jaw and rolled her eyes at me before nodding slightly.

- "What's gonna happen to my family?" -Bellamy asked out of nowhere and I swear Sam almost choked on her gag before she scoffed. Family? After what we've been through, we're family now again? Shocking- "I know they have to answer for their crimes but..."

- "I'll tell you what." –Pike cut him off- "For Octavia, I'll make you the same promise I made to Monty's mother: immunity from all past actions, but if she screws up again..."

- "Oh, she won't." –Bellamy cut him off this time- "I'll make sure of it."

Sam pushed me lightly and waggled her eyebrows a couple of times while pointing at Bellamy with her head; I knew well what she meant: "you've got yourself a nanny, O." I could hear her voice in my head as she smiled as much as her gag allowed her; I rolled my eyes at her. Great. What a need is my brother, not a stupid babysitter.

- "And Sam?"

- "She's not your family son, she's the enemy. We'll proceed with her execution as it was planned before they managed to escape."

This time, Sam was the one who stopped me from running up to Pike and knocking him down to the ground; she shook her head at me as if saying "it's not worth it, O." but it was. She'd always be worth everything I had.

- "Sir, she is my family; we've been through a lot together and I lov..."

- "I can always execute both of them if you prefer."

I saw Bellamy gulp at Pike's cold tone. Sam whispered-screamed something unintelligible due to her gag, gaining Pike and Bellamy's attention. If looks could kill, they'd have dropped dead where they stood. Sam looked at Pike first, her eyes daggers before she turned to Bellamy; they looked at each other for a moment, Sam's eyes narrowed as if she were daring Bellamy to do something stupid so that she could make a move too.