s e v e n

We pulled away, only for the need of air. I wasn't sure whether Cedric was blushing, or it was just the freezing air, but I was sure that my face was as red as a tomato.

Cedric grinned, "You love me, y/n."
"I love you as much as I love Voldemort " I rolled my eyes. "y/n! You're totally and absolutely in love with Voldemort as much as you're in love with me? That's a bit weird since he's like 50 years older than you," Cedric snickered. "In fact, Cedric, I'd prefer Voldemort rather than you," I replied, feigning truth. I wondered if my acting skills were passable.

He suddenly frowned and looked at me, asking in an unsure voice, "Really?"
I widened my eyes in shock at the thought that he believed me. "Good heavens, no, Cedric! Are you in need of some mental help?" I exclaimed.

He grinned sheepishly, "Probably."
"But if I was being honest, 16 year old Voldemort's looks would give you a run for your money," I grinned jokingly. "But you still love me," he added in, smiling.

"Whatever you say," I replied from the back of my shoulder, walking away. Cedric followed. "Where are you going?" he asked as soon as he caught up. "Honeydukes. Peter wanted some Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans. Goodness knows why," I replied.

We went to Honeydukes, and I grabbed a packet of the beans for Peter from the shelf and two chocolate frogs; one each for Cedric and I. As I pulled out some money to pay, Cedric grasped onto my wrist, and then took out his own money. "I'm paying," he simply stated. "No, I'm paying," I pulled my wrist out of his grip.

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

"Who says?"

"Me."

We both held out our hands that clasped money in them to the cashier, who was confused as to who's money she should take. Suddenly, Cedric flashed a pleading grin at her, and the cashier blushed, clearly charmed by his looks. She took his money from his palm, and Cedric shot me a triumphant look. "Not fair," I pouted. "I win," he grinned. "You cheated," I replied. "How?" Cedric gave me the most innocent look he could muster. "You used your looks to your advantage," I said.

We walked out of the shop, still arguing. "So you're saying I'm handsome?" Cedric said with a smug look. "No I'm not," I protested. "You love me, really," he grinned. "I really need to deflate your ego," I replied. "Oh, y/n, that hurt. You're not very nice, are you?" Cedric smirked. "Neither are you," I replied. The whole way back, we were arguing playfully like we always did, and I was quite enjoying it.

I wouldn't tell this to him as his ego would grow bigger than the size of his head and my stubbornness wouldn't let me, but I really had missed him. Much more than I had realised.

Three weeks passed, and on a Saturday, I was studying in the library. In the middle of reading a book about the difference between hippogriffs and gryphons, someone pulled out the chair next to me and sat down.

"y/n, y/n. Always studying," Cedric grinned. "Unlike you, people actually try to get good grades," I replied without looking up. He snatched the book away from me, skimming the page.

"This stuff is so boring," Cedric groaned, setting it down on the table. "I like it," I protested, picking it back up and finding my page. I continued to read, ignoring Cedric's presence.

After a few minutes, Cedric took out a piece of parchment and scribbled something on it with his owl-feather quill. He slid it towards me and, out of temptation, I glanced at it.

Hi

I raised an inquiring eyebrow at him. He started to write on another square of parchment and then gave that one to me.

You're cute

I read it, and went over it again to make sure I had read it correctly. I attempted to smother a smile and failed. The sheer cheesiness of this all amused me.

He took out another piece of parchment. Where was he getting all this goddamn parchment from? This time, he didn't write anything, and have it to me slowly, paper face down. I spotted a hint of shyness and reluctance, but brushed it off.

I love you

My eyes widened slightly in shock, then regained their composure. I seemed to lose the ability to talk for a few seconds, gaping slightly. I quickly shut my mouth, and looked up at Cedric.

He smiled a little shyly, then gave me one last parchment.

Will you be my girlfriend?

Before I could say anything, Cedric began to speak. "It's okay if you say no. I mean, we've been best friends for so long and suddenly, something happened. I've tried not to say anything since I didn't want to ruin our friendship just in case, and now we have no idea what-"

I cut him off with a smile, "You're rambling."
"Sorry," he replied sheepishly. "Don't be," I said quietly, "I admit that I didn't really know what we were now for the past weeks, and I was wondering what would happen."

I then remembered that I left his question hanging in the air. "I haven't answered your question yet," I stated. He gave me a slight nod. I grinned. "Of course I will."
He gave me a brilliant grin and wrapped his arms around me in a hug.