t w o

The next morning, you woke up, and checked the clock. 8:00am. You always weren't one for waking up early ( sorry if you wake up really early. Just pretend you love sleep in this chapter 😂 ).

You got up from your bed, your eyes still half closed. With a groan, you remembered that Cedric had asked you out last night and wouldn't take no as an answer.

Whilst you didn't want to go, you certainly weren't going to leave him there waiting. You changed into a random shirt, putting a warm coat over it, and some black pants, and then brushed your teeth.

Deciding to sit in the common room and study for the next 3 hours before you left, you ran down the stairs, and then tripped, crashing down at the bottom of the stairs. "Ow," you muttered.

"Hey what happened to you, y/n?" a voice rung out from the top of the stairs. "I fell. Duh," you looked up at one of your closest, yet extremely annoying friend, Peter ( I just chose a random name that came to mind 😂 NOT PETER PETTIGREW I-).

You got off the floor, and sat on the plump red couch. Peter walked out of the common room with a wave, and you sighed in relief. You really couldn't be bothered to tolerate his energetic talking today, even if he didn't mean to be annoying.

Hearing footsteps, you turned to see Alice, a girl you shared the dorm with. "So, y/n. Heard you got a date with Cedric Diggory. He's just so dreamy," she sighed at the name. You knew she had a crush on him, but you didn't think she had become so obsessed that she would sigh at the sound of his name.

"I guess," you replied, nose in book. "I wish I were as lucky as you. Cedric is so handsome," Alice stressed a few of her words, and you rolled your eyes. "Alice, do you mind? I'm studying," after some minutes, you couldn't take anymore of her day dreaming about Cedric. (OMG WHAT WAS 12 YEAR OLD ME THINKING. Y/N IS SO MEAN BAHAHAH)

"Aren't you going to prepare for your date?!" Alice exclaimed. "I already have," you replied, gesturing to my clothes. "But you have no makeup on!" she yelled out like you were breaking a law. "I dont like makeup," you said. Alice stared at you like you had grown a bushy green beard.

Eventually, she left, and it was 10:00am. "Another minute and I would've hexed her," you muttered under your breath. You had finished looking over transfiguration, defence against the dark arts and charms, and you decided to study later after the date.

When it was 11:55, you walked to the train station, arriving there at 12:00 sharp. You spotted Cedric standing near the train, scanning around as to look for someone. His eyes landed on you and he grinned. You walked over.

"Honestly, I was expecting you to leave me waiting" he said, his pale cheeks rosy from the cold. "Well, I didn't," you replied. "Why?" Cedric asked, curious. "I didn't want to leave you standing there because you looked sad," you snorted, and you know it wasn't the truth.

-

You reached Hogsmeade, and as you stepped out of the train, the cold hit you like, well, a train. You shivered ( yes it is time for some cringe cliche stuff ).

Cedric noticed, and wrapped his Hufflepuff scarf around your neck with a smile. You didn't really want to thank him, but your politeness got the better of you. "T- Thanks," you stuttered. "No problem," he replied. You snuggled into the warm scarf. It smelt like... cookies? "Cedric did you drop cookie crumbs on this scarf or something?" you grinned. "Maybe," he replied with sheepish smile.

Cedric took your hand, and then led you through the crowd, and you had no idea where he was going. "Where are you even dragging me to?" you asked. "You'll see, y/n," he replied, looking back for a second just to give you a quick smile.

Cedric stopped suddenly in his tracks in front of the Three Broomsticks, and you crashed into him, nearly knocking him over. "Sorry!" you exclaimed. " You can crash into me anytime " he replied. "That's... somewhat strange."

"It's not strange when you love them," he replied easily, which left you in a stunned silence, before you quickly yelled something out about how you loved cats, then rushed into the Three Broomsticks, holding the door open for Cedric. You thought it was just a joke, but it hurt because you thought he didn't like you the way you liked him. This date was probably not even a date.

You and Cedric always went out together to Hogsmeade - why would this one be any different?

You sat down on a chair, and Cedric sat opposite you. "Two butterbeers please," Cedric said to the waitress, who I recognised was Slytherin 6th year Summer Stonesfeld, who seemed to be purposely taking her time just to be able to gaze into Cedric's face for a little while longer.

She eventually left, after suggesting nearly everything on the menu and giving a wink at Cedric, shooting a dirty look at me, and whispering, "Owl me," in Cedric's ear, to which he gave you an uncomfortable look while you watched awkwardly.

( I'm going to change it to someone's POV from now on )

y/n's POV

The waitress came back with the drinks, and luckily, she left without saying a word, though she looked rather excited about something.

I sipped the butterbeer, it was sweet, and the warm feeling spread throughout my whole body. I instantly felt better. "Cedric, is this different to all the other times we went out together?" I asked, wanting to know the answer. He hadn't even tried his butterbeer yet; he seemed to be staring at me, but I didn't think he would, so I shrugged it off and sipped my butterbeer again. "Sorry, what was that?" he snapped out of his thoughts. I repeated my question.

"Well... I just didn't have the courage to ask before. You have absolutely no idea how many times I tried and chickened out each time. Alright, I'm just going to say this," he took a deep breath,"I think I love you. I don't know how to explain it, but every time I look into your eyes, I get butterflies. (That rhymes mwhahahah. Ok don't judge my crappy writing rn I'm tired lolol this is so cringe) Even when you send me a smile, my heart skips a beat. I really can't imagine a world without you, and every second in your company makes me feel like I'm floating on the highest cloud. I've spent so much time worrying about how I could say this, but I've done it. The quaffle is in your hands now."

I was silent, and he took my silence the wrong way and started rambling on about how it's okay if I cannot return his feelings, and that we can just stay as friends and that he hoped he didn't just ruin our friendship. "Cedric," I cut off his rambling. "Yes?" he replied. "I like you too," I smiled. He looked puzzled, as if he couldn't process my words, but slowly, his face melted into a heart-stopping grin and he whispered, "Really?" I nodded. "You have no idea how much time I spent worrying over how I was going to tell you," Cedric laughed. "You already said that," I replied with a smile.

Suddenly, Cedric reached over and put his hand over mine that was laying idly on the wooden table. I twined my fingers with his and he looked up at me with a small, yet very meaningful smile.

He sipped his butterbeer, and he got up abruptly. "I'm sorry, I have to go somewhere for a minute," Cedric said before rushing away. Why did he leave?, I wondered, before shaking my train of thought off, not wanting to seem clingy or desperate.

I sat there, and it must've been around fifteen minutes that I got up, deciding to search for Cedric. I wandered around the Three Broomsticks, and then, I turned a corner.

Cedric and Summer were snogging against a wall.

-

Mwahahaha cliffhanger!!! What do you think is going to happen next?