[1] he loves me, he loves me not

HIFUMI opened the curtains in the living room, leaving a thin layer of clear curtains, allowing sunlight to pass through the window and engulf the room with the morning light.

time to get to work!

hifumi tied the strings around his waist which latched onto the pink apron which was covering his pajamas

hifumi tied the strings around his waist which latched onto the pink apron which was covering his pajamas. hifumi arrived back home at around 12:24am last night. although he was tired, he hadn't seen doppo for weeks, and he wanted the two of them to have breakfast together.

i should make omelettes, its doppo's favorite after all.

not a second passed by, but hifumi was having an uncontrollable fit of coughs. his left hand swung up to cover his mouth. soon he felt a velvety-like touch on his hand. as he pulled away his hand, two pieces of a red colored rose was placed on the center. the hanahaki disease. this is what it does to those poor, unfortunate souls who suffer from it. hifumi clenched the petals, and threw them in the trash can, luckily he did it swiftly, two seconds passed by and doppo walked out from his room in his work clothes.

"ah! doppo-chin! i'm making omelettes for the both of us! sit down and-"

"sorry hifumi, but i have to go to work, or not the boss will be mad. then he'll blame others too, and everyone in the company gets affected, and it's all my fault, it's my fault..."

doppo continued to mutter the sentence as he left the front door and out of the house. "a-ah..." hifumi stopped in the middle of the way when making the omelettes. he couldn't help but let out a laugh, but was to be interrupted by another fit of coughs. this time 3 petals sat on his hand. "heh, oh doppo. who knew you'd affect me this much." he laughed again, but coughed once more, luckily for him, no petals came out that time.

oh, doppo. sometimes you underestimate how much i miss you.

"tadaima."

"okaeri doppo-chin!" the golden-haired male ran up to his best friend and hugged him tightly. "i miss you so much, doppo! why do you have to go to work and leave me alone? ahh, doppo! why must you leave me alone is such desperate times?! doppo!" hifumi whined whilst clinging onto doppo. "o-oi! hifumi! let go of me!" doppo struggled as he tried to get away from the grasp of his clingy best friend.

"ne, doppo. don't you miss me?" hifumi pouted once doppo got away from his grasps. "hah?! me? miss you? i had to deal with your shit for years already." doppo snapped back. "ehehe. if you didn't deal with me, then you wouldn't have any friends doppo-chin!" doppo sighed, agreeing with the fact.

he wasn't that much of a social person. he couldn't make friends that easily and a lot of people view him as weird. heck, even the kanji for his name stands for 'walking alone'. luckily, hifumi was there and doppo saw the chance to talk him. turns out hifumi himself had a weird name too, his name was the kanji for 'one-two-three'.

"aren't you supposed to be at work? you've been coming home really late recently too." hifumi flinched a little but doppo didn't notice. hopefully it doesn't become too obvious. "i have a day off today and tomorrow!" hifumi beamed. he walked over to doppo who was washing his hands and slung his arm over his shoulder, "andddd I know you have a day off tomorrow too!"

"but i'm going to use the whole day to sleep." hifumi started shaking doppo violently once he heard the sentence coming out of his mouth. "but doppo~we should go somewhere tomorrow! visit locations in shinjuku! please~" hifumi whined once more whilst clinging onto doppo's waist, wrapping his arms around it. doppo splashed water on hifumi's face, a smirk visibly plastered. "o-oi! doppo!" hifumi slapped the back of doppo's head. "please! let's go somewhere tomorrow. we should take this chance to spend time together!" doppo blankly stared at hifumi. "what about sensei? is he coming too?"

d-does that mean doppo doesn't want to spend time with me only? d-does he hate me? does doppo not value me enough? hifumi felt a familiar feeling in his throat. i can't, not now. hifumi covered his mouth with both his left hand and right hand. he felt the very familiar feel of a velvety touch of the rose petals on his hand, maybe two or three. he quickly retracted his hand from his mouth, and stuffed the petals in his pocket.

"u-uh, sensei is rather busy tomorrow, and he told us to just spend the day together!" hifumi beamed, hiding the fact that his condition is getting worse by the second. "so please! let's go somewhere together!" hifumi grasped doppo's hands. "please? you need a break anyways!" doppo sighed. once hifumi gets this clingy and desperate, there's no way of stopping him. "argh, fine." hifumi cheered and jumped around doppo, already blabbering about the different places he wants to visit around shinjuku.

that stupid smile of his. i want to keep it. i want hifumi to always be smiling. forever.

tadaima: i'm home
okaeri: welcome home

doppo and hifumi is otp and i'll say it in every chapter if i have to :))

thanks for reading guys, all the love <3

a