Introduction

Growing up I never had much. But I had enough. I had my older brother Jack, my younger sister Susan, and our aunt, Auntie B. The B stood for Beatrice, she thought that was a grandma name. Auntie B didn't have any children of her own, so when our parents died, she took us in.

She was a very loving, smart, and funny caregiver. Auntie B was the one who raised Susan since she was 2. Jack and I were 14 and 13 when our parents, Ellie and Luke, were killed in a car accident. They were pronounced dead on impact. It was tragic on everyone. Especially Auntie B. Her and daddy were best friends. The memorial service was August 12, 2002 in Minnesota. Only 5 days after the death. Exactly one year ago today. Since then we moved to Wisconsin for a new start. Everything in Minnesota reminded us of our parents. Was it tough to leave everything behind?

Yeah, but things are better this way.

Auntie B doesn't cry as much anymore, Jack doesn't coop himself in his room, and I don't push the people I love away. Susan is Susan, I guess. She's only 3 and I don't how much of a person you can be at that age.

She knows something isn't right about us though. She just doesn't know what it is, yet.