**AUTHOR'S NOTE/ANNOUNCEMENT**

Hello, readers!

To anyone who's a fan of this story and are waiting for updates, first, I thank you so much for your patience, and, two, I plan on addressing my "absence" and lack of updates.

I will admit, procrastination has decided to rear its ugly head time and again. However, as much as it has factored in, it is only part of the situation.

Along with procrastination came even more. I'm a senior in high school, so, for the past few months I've been wrestling with college applications, scholarships, clubs, and a number of other responsibilities. Unfortunately, things like these, along with my awful procrastination, has kept me from writing as often as I should.

Even worse than these two, believe it or not, is my need to be a perfectionist; specifically when writing. Long before I posted this story, I wrote out the entire plot summary, complete with character arcs start to finish, with all necessary subplots tied up in a pretty little bow. However, when I go to write, a reoccurring problem of mine is wanting to ensure that everything is perfectly how I want it written before I'm even close to finishing the chapter. Is the imagery correct? Is it described the way it should be or should I change it? Is the dialogue here fitting or is it out of character? Should I scrap it altogether? Am I getting this character across to the reader as they should be? I'll be honest, there are some times when I'm writing when I refer back to the plot summary and think of changing something entirely because I feel it could be better. I want nothing more than to put out my very best, but, when that means not updating for more than a month, it's undeniably a problem.

Okay, I just listed a bunch of problems, so where are the solutions???

Well, for one, I plan on writing and releasing chapters as soon as they're done. However, this doesn't necessarily mean it'll be perfect. Early released chapters will be tagged with (Early Draft) to make it clear that, while it is indeed published, that doesn't mean it meets my expectations. This way, the story isn't put on halt by my own nitpicking and hopefully has a regular update schedule (something that I'm in dire need of).

Will this factor in to my other responsibilities? Of course, but I feel that's the way it should be. As much as writing is a passion I love dear, it shouldn't be excluded from my responsibilities.

That said, next chapter will be released soon as an Early Draft and others will soon follow suit.

All the best to everyone!