Chapter 12: The Sion

P.O.V. [Name]

I sighed as I looked at the book in front of me. I was currently in the library that Beacon had. I was searching for a reason as to why King might be as strong as he is. There's no way he was just born that strong right? That and doing some homework that Professor Peach had assigned to us. She wanted us to look up some fables for some reason or another. I wasn't really paying attention when she was talking, my mind was elsewhere while she was.

I continued to read through a few books, and as I did I heard someone walking towards me. I then felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see who was touching me and smiled slightly as I saw Pyrrha. "Would you mind if I joined you?" Pyrrha asked as she looked at me. I shook my hearing this and she smiled as she began to sit across from me. She looked at the books that I had gathered a bit skeptically.

"Is all that really for Professor Peach?" Pyrrha asked as she used a pen to point at the books I had gathered. I was a bit confused hearing this before I realized what she meant and chuckled.

"No, most of these are for personal reasons. However-" I began as I reached for the top two books. "These should have most of the answers in them. You know how Professor Peach is, she probably threw in one or two answers that weren't in the books just to throw us off," I said as I looked at her. Pyrrha smiled hearing this and opened a book. However, after a few pages, she stopped and looked up at me closing the book.

"I want to apologize ahead of time for what I'm about to say," Pyrrha said as she looked at me. I was a bit confused hearing this and she took a deep breath. "I just wanted to know how you're doing?" Pyrrha asked as she reached for one of my hands. I felt my heart drop slightly hearing this and looked up at her. "I heard about what happened and I just wanted to ask. I know you probably don't want to talk about it, and that's fine I just thought I'd offer was all," Pyrrha said a she looked at me.

I smiled hearing this and squeezed her hand slightly. "No, it's fine," I said shaking my head as I looked at her. "Sometimes, talking about it helps. Just knowing that someone is there, and is willing to listen. Sometimes that's more than enough," I said with a smile as I looked up at her. "And I really appreciate it," I said as I looked at the female in front of me. She smiled and nodded hearing this.

"Just remember we'll always be here for you," Pyrrha said as she looked at me. I nodded hearing this and smiled slightly.

"Thanks," I said as I began to look down a bit sad by what had happened. "I won't lie, I'm more than devastated by this. I know my mom wasn't the best in the world but she always took care of me and made sure I was safe. She wasn't good with her emotions, and her philosophy got in the way of a lot of things. I know that, but still part of me can't help but be sad that she's gone," I said as I looked up at her.

Pyrrha looked at me hearing this and nodded. "I know I shouldn't spend so much time on revenge for what happened but, I just . . . I don't know what else to do," I said as I looked at the female in front of me. Pyrrha smiled hearing this and continued to hold my hand.

"I think it's in your right to be confused, angry, sad, and whatever else you're probably feeling at the moment. However, whenever I was a little girl any time something bad would happen I would ask my mom and she'd always reply with the same thing. It was a silly story she told me, I didn't know what she meant at first but as I got older I think I understand what she meant now. I don't know if it'll help but . . . would you like to hear it?" Pyrrha asked as looked at me, I nodded hearing this.

"It can't hurt right?" I responded as I looked at her. She nodded hearing this and cleared her throat.

"There used to be a small tribe of brave warriors and they all lived happily together. All except for one, this warrior had never taken the final trial of his people so as a result, he was never happy, and he wasn't strong like the others. However, one night when he was all alone he left his village to go out on an adventure hoping it would make him happy. It didn't and on his way back he accidentally walked to the final trail and came face to face with a great beast. The brave warrior called out for help, and when he did the beast responded and said "My name is life, and you will be happy. But first, I'm going to make you strong," Pyrrha said as she looked at me.