Azula felt the waves become stronger and made the mistake of locking eyes with Wen.

"How does it feel?"

Azula was thinking of all kinds of synonyms for the word amazing, when she realized he was probably asking about the water.

"Cold." she said simply.

"We could use a little fire then." he smiled and she put her palms in between them, letting a fire burn. Wen put his hands close, but not too close, to feel a bit of the heat.

"It's quite beautiful when it's no out to kill me," he added, thinking he could have said the same thing about her, "I never thought I'd see the blue kind. Who taught it to you?"

"No one. It just came natural to me."

"I always wanted to ask... Do you feel the same way about the sun that I do about the moon?"

"Yes, it helps."

"No. I mean, do you miss it?"

"When I was locked up...I didn't see it for months at a time. It was survivable, but it was no way to live."

"The thing about the sun... It burns you."

"Only if you're not careful." Azula extinguished her fire, "If you respect it, it gives life."

"I'm quite sure you need water for that too." Wen cut in, "And what's more, water is freedom. It can take you almost anywhere. Last I checked, that was why you were with me, my ship can take you wherever you want."

"Why else..."

oooooooooo

After swimming and a few more rounds of dueling, they decided to spend the night there on the beach. It seemed very secluded, which was a good thing, considering the collective prize for their capture.

This time it was Wen's turn to sleep through the night and Azula was to keep watch. She found herself looking over to him more often than checking their surroundings. She told herself it was all to make sure he wasn't having nightmares again, but she was partly aware that wasn't true.

All she could think about was this remarkable person, she'd probably never see again after three days passed. There was no way he fit into her life or she in his. They both lived their lives surrounded by followers, there was no place for another leader there.

But something that was a bit unusual was that while she was certain in all that, the question kept coming back to her. Usually, when she ruled something out it was out of her mind, but the question of Wen kept looping back for whatever reason.

You really think he spends hours thinking about you?

Azula heard something sounding like a mixture of several voices coming from somewhere in the dark. She lit a fire in her palm and looked around swiftly.

"Who's there?"

No people. No animals. Nothing.

It's HIM you should be worried about.

The voice was becoming more feminine.

"He's different!" she yelled and then looked back at Wen who turned to the other side, still asleep.

I'm only here to help you... darling.

"No! No, no, no, no..." Azula fell to the floor and covered her ears violently. She also closed her eyes because she recognized the way that last word sounded.

Because I love you, Azula.

Ursa's voice sent shivers down Azula's spine. She thought she was done with this. But obviously not.