Chapter 2 - Oh My God

He glanced down at his feet when all of the sudden, he walked straight into someone.

"Oh shit, sorry!" Julian said, rubbing his nose and looking up at who he hit. He quickly tore the earbuds from his ears.

"That's okay." The person responded.

When Julian looked up, he saw a tall guy with messy brown hair. He had fair skin and some faint freckles dotting his nose and cheeks.

Julian's heartbeat quickened and he quickly scurried away. He found a spot along the wall of the school. He put his earbuds back in and he leaned against the wall.

Wow, he thought to himself, I've already messed things up, and school hasn't even started yet.

After a few minutes of listening his music, he checked the time on his phone.

-8:07-

I should get going, school starts in thirteen minutes.

He took his earbuds out once again and headed to the school office. Once he arrived, he walked up to the secretary.

"Hey, uh, it's Julian Keller. I'm new here."

"Julian Keller?" The secretary repeated.

"Yep, that's me."

The secretary searched through the papers on the desk before handing a small slip of paper to him.

"Here's your schedule. Your first class is with Mr.VeDepo on the second floor. If you have any questions about your other classes you can ask another student or come back down and ask me. You're locker number is written on the back. It's 249, which should also be located on the second floor," the secretary said with a warm smile.

"Alright, thanks," Julian replied, smiling back at her. He turned around and began walking out of the office toward the opulent flight of stairs located in the center of the large common room of the school.

As he navigated through the throng of students gathered in the commons, he wondered which ones were going to be his friend (if any). None of them really seemed like his type, expect maybe a couple lone kids scattered throughout the crowd.

He checked his phone clock again.

-8:12-

He still had a couple minutes, so he decided to sit at one of the tables near the staircase. He sat down and set his bag and paper from the office down next to him and began mindlessley scrolling through Tumblr.

After a few minutes, he heard the school bell ring, and the students slowly walked to their first class. Julian grabbed his bag and started up the stairs. He looked down at the slip of paper in his hand. He looked on the back to see his locker number.

He looked up at all the locker numbers to try and find out where his was located.

"249, 249..." he mumbled to himself as he searched through the hall.

Once he found it, he opened it and began sorting his things out and placing things inside. He grabbed what he needed and hung up his bag. Once he closed his locker, he saw someone right next to him.

Oh my God, of course, he thought, the one person that I bumped into has his locker right next to me.

Julian fought the urge to facepalm right there and then.

It's fine, he probably doesn't even remember. He told himself as he turned away.

After shuffling down the hall for a couple minutes, he found his classroom and entered.

He looked up at the whiteboard in the front of the room. Projected onto it was a graphic of the layout of the room, with names of the students on each desk as a seating arrangement.

He found his seat and sat down. He watched as students filed into the the room. The room was almost full when Julian noticed someone walk in.

Oh my fucking God, you've got to be kidding me!, He thought.