Chapter 1 (Caine's POV)

Start from the beginning

“Where is Andrew?” I asked, giving Macon a once over, before looking at Victor.

“No one has seen him all afternoon. He missed his round a few hours ago,” Victor replied.

I shook my head, but didn’t comment anything about it.

Just as the humans started getting out of their cars, my men came out of the trees in the woods.

I smirked when I noticed they’d all stayed in their human forms. There was no reason for formality. I had a plan for these humans either way.

“Are you Caine?” One of the humans asked me.

He was standing only a few feet away from me. The stench of sweat, cigarettes, and beer was all over them. Under that disgusting odor, the smell of fear was what dominated them all.

I laughed- more than any of my men had ever seen me laugh before. The humans weren’t the only ones who seemed surprise.

Fear seemed to dominate them even more after I laughed, because they took a step back from me.

“I am Caine. Who’s asking?” I asked, crossing my arms and keeping my stare on the one who appeared to be their leader.

“We know what you are. We’re here to kill you,” he said, with less confidence than I’d been expecting.

If they had a death wish, I was hoping they were at least man enough to not reek of fear.

“Alright,” I said, opening my arms wide.

Victor and Macon were flanking me, and they were looking at the humans with caution. The only things the humans had going for them were the guns in their hands.

But a bullet, what could it really do to me? Nothing, that’s what.

“Should I take care of them, or do you all want the privilege?” I asked, looking around at my men.

Right after I asked that, all the humans picked up their weapons and they aimed them at me.

‘What are you doing Caine?’ Victor asked me through our mind link.

“I’m having fun. Don’t you always tell me that I never have fun?” I asked, but my voice was nothing near playful.

They were ready- my pack, that is.

Slowly but surely, they began shifting from their human form into their Wolves.

‘Caine, they're just humans. Knock them out and send them packing,’ Victor almost pleaded.

I wasted a moment to turn and frown at him.

“Let them go so that they can return?” I asked him out loud.

“Kill them all,” I ordered.

It was the only signal my pack members needed before they began attacking and ripping the humans apart.

The screams and cries of pain only lasted a few minutes.

“Humans are weak,” I commented, as I saw the last of them getting his neck broken.

“They shouldn’t have come here,” I stated.

The Wolves remained in place, waiting for my order.

“What do we do now, Alpha,” Macon asked.

Victor was glaring at me, but I simply rolled my eyes at him.