Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Amelia woke up in plain obscurity; pitch black. Nothing could be seen. Nothing at all.

She had no idea where she was, or even less what the hell was happening. She sat, calmly, trying to look around as she tried to figure out her surroundings; but her curious actions didn't last very long.

She started freaking out. Literally.

Best describe as a panic attack. She looked around desperately several times not sure what to look for. She could hear chains clinking together every now and then, constantly making the scene worse.

Her mind wondered where she was. Where? Why? What? Who? When?

An elevator, she thought. I'm in an elevator, and It's going up...

She felt waves of fear running up and down her spine. What's going on? Why am I here?

She shook terribly in horror, while still looking around for something in the cold darkness, looking around for a simple answer to her billions of questions.

Her breath became shorter and desperate this time. She failed to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. She was trying to be strong, even though there was no reason to be strong, or at least that's what she thought.

For Amelia, minutes pass, hours even, while she sobbed quietly. She couldn't stay in place, she needed to do something. She crawled slowly through what seemed to be a moving cage until she spotted a corner with her hands.

Suddenly she heard a muffled sound, just like a whimper, simple and quiet, but still heard.

"Hello?" Amelia asked with a broken voice, even more scared than earlier.

She crawled backwards and stumbled into what seemed to be a body. Amelia turned around with old hot tears on her cheeks. She looked sideways, up and down, anywhere, just to see something. But, it was just like having your eyes closed in the middle of the night and at the same time being blind. Useless.

Everything started going so fast now. The moving cage seemed to be making louder sounds now, just like an elevator getting to its end. Dim lights filled the cage making things a little bit clearer, but not enough.

The box finally got to its end making an abrupt stop. She could see the lying body beside her now. She had her eyes fixed on the body, but still couldn't define it well.

"It's dead." She cried with a silent whisper taking her hands to her mouth trying to control her crying. She wanted to stop being a baby, but she was too frustrated to stop it. She pulled her hair and pinched herself countless times just to make sure she wasn't dreaming. But, oh boy, she wasn't.

Suddenly, the ceiling opened just like doors, making her jump frightened by the abrupt move and covering her eyes because of the sun stinging her face.

Amelia now fixed her eyes at the motionless body. It was a girl, with snow white skin and long black hair. What the f-

"It's two girls," said a voice coming from the top of her head. She looked up to find a bunch of people. All staring at her and the other girl. All of them asking quiet questions and chatting indistinct whispering.

What the hell is going on? Amelia thought trying to understand.

A dark skinned boy jumped from above and landed on the box with her. She was scared as hell, so Amelia retroceded once with difficulty and got up , letting out a whimper as she hit her back with the cage's wall.