Chapter 3 - Dark World

Start from the beginning

Boom!

He was hit by one bullet.

An immense pain filled him. Humans might have stronger SOULs but he never felt any pain like that. Monsters fought with their SOUL protected but humans always fought with their SOULs exposed. He kneeled down to breath and rest for a little while. Hopefully, he wouldn't feel it again.

Up ahead he saw another two. As such, Kris decided to make a run for it to dodge them. The pellets were slower than his speed so he managed to avoid them this time. Advancing, Kris found that shiny save file thing. He touched it once more...

*You bathed your body in the light.

*A power shines within you, breaking through the darkness.

*Any pain you may have had melted away... (HP fully restored.)

HP? This voice is getting weirder and weirder. But it is right... The pain I felt a little earlier just... disappeared. What in the world just happened?

He looked around and saw a sign. It read "In this land, only eyes blinded by darkness can see the way..." and it referend about a puzzle up ahead. A shadow could be seen for a second.

Did I just see a person spying me...? My mind's probably pranking me... Perhaps it's the person who I have listened to...

"...only eyes blinded by darkness can see the way...". These words echoed on Kris's mind as he saw a puzzle up ahead.

Three eyes were resembled in a wall. Each one with a button under it. He touched the first one and the left and right eyes became dark...

Weird puzzle. Never saw one like this. Maybe if I continue to test combinations this might work.

He tried some combinations until all the eyes were obscure. A glass ground magically appeared, connecting side of the path, so he continued exploring, searching for Susie or someone.

There was nowhere to go after that. There was no more path to walk to, only a ramp. So Kris didn't hold back and slid on it and the area he came was filled with white bubbles that seemed chalk. He walked a little and a shadowy figure ran from one bubble to another very fast. He carefully walked to make sure who or what this person was.

When Kris reached the end of the room, there was a bubble preventing him from progressing, so he touched it and...

It exploded.

And inside was Susie freaked out by what just happened.

"H-Hey! B... Back off! Come any closer and I'll...!" She said sweating. "...K... Kris?! Phew... Hey, don't scare me like that, dumbass! Unless you WANT to get clocked in the face, heh." She spoke giving the idea of enjoying beating people. "...anyway, enough screwing around. We gotta find a way outta here." She looked around and realized the problem. "Ummm... Where is "here", anyway...?"

Kris just remained silent making Susie got a little bothered.

"It doesn't matter! YOU got us into this mess, YOU get us out!" She obligated and walked to Kris's back. "Lead the way, Kris!"

Since when was this MY fault? This girl is going to kill me, isn't she? At least, I can now say she isn't as bad as everyone says or else I should be dead by now.

"Um... Kris?" She called him. "What are you waiting for? LEAD THE WAY!" She implied really loud, freaking Kris.

Kris started walking, with Susie following close behind.

"Oh my god. Nevermind. You walk WAY to slow." She said and ran away. Kris mentally facepalmed and started following her, wherever she was.

He saw another ramp and slid on it again to find Susie.

How could this girl disappeared so fast with no trace? Huh!? She's over there!

"Hey, Kris. There's someone up there waving at us. Any idea what they want...?" She said.

Both looked up and saw a small shadow with its hand in the hair. "What could it be doing?" This question filled both the human and the mean girl. The shadow lifted its hand a little and two spades appeared out of the blue and were throw to Susie. She avoided them with a sudden reaction.

"R-run, Kris!"

Wait, Susie's caring for me...?

Kris thought and looked up. What he saw was terrifying. An ocean of spades falling like rain, trying to crush him. Whoever made that, is seriously trying to kill them.

He ran as fast as he possibly could, avoiding contact at all cost, however, even though Kris can run fast, the quantity of spades raining was so much that he was eventually hit by one. A sudden pain filled him. He felt a little weaker but kept running, injured.

He reached a dead end again but fortunately, there was a ramp once more.

"Kris, down here!" Susie screamed, fearing the possibility of being followed by their attacker.

He slid, as Susie commanded, thinking that there no one could attack him but it wasn't true. More spades started spawning horizontally and trying to hurt Kris. Susie was up ahead safe but Kris wasn't so fortunate. He slid and changed speed and direction many times to avoid any contact with those bullets.

The bullets stopped and Kris continued to slide, and without noticing it...

Everything turned white...

Words: 1417