PROLOUGE.

DREW

Clearing my throat, I look down at my phone checking it again. I looked around my surroundings seeing other couples and families chatting away while I sat by myself at a reserved Table. I look down at my phone again seeing the time, I sigh heavily before taking my wallet out putting Thirty dollars down. I get up from my seat picking up my coat from the back of my chair,Walking out the front door of the restaurant.

"TAXI!" I yell waving my hand in the air while watching the yellow car slow down before stoppin, opening the door I slide into the backseat. I give him my address before leaning back into the seat getting comfortable.

"Thank you." I say giving him 40 dollars, I get out walking inside my apartment lobby.

"Good evening Mr.Huntley." Jacob, the Lobby's clerk says. I smile and wave as I walk past him.

I get to my apartment door, unlocking it. Opening the door, I shut it behind me making sure to turn my alarm on Stay. Humming, I through my keys on the kitchen Island, taking my shoes off. I get my phone calling Christian,Since I haven't talked to him since yesterday.

"HEY!" He exclaims as I smile watching him. I watch him as he braids his hair back in cornrows.

"How was your date? I'm so fucking tired since I just got off my 12 hour shift from the hospital a hour ago." He sighs heavily, as he starts to braid his other section of hair. I walk to me and Dave's shared room, taking my clothes off.

"Dave gets on my damn nerves, he didn't even show up at the date i planned for us. My thing is if you not gonna make it, yo dumbass could've let me know. It was so damn embarrassing just sitting there by myself."I said putting my phone down on the dresser, I take out a pair of sweats and a shirt. I get dressed throwing my other clothes into the laundry bin.

"What the fuck, he really did that?. I mean even I knew you were excited for y'all date since that's all you fucking talked about the past week." He said not looking in the camera,I hummed agreeing with him. Looking to the side as I heard the front door open with the sound of footsteps in the living room.

"Look,I'll call you back." I said hanging the phone before he said anything. I pick up my phone walking to the living room seeing Dave stumble around looking confused.

"Where were you tonight?" I asked him as he turned his head towards the sound of my voice squinting his eyes.

"Watchu mean? I was out with the boys." He spoke back in his heavy Harlem accent, I looked at him like he was stupid chuckling.

"So you just abandoned your plans with me to hang out with your niggas. Are you fucking dumb or just plain stupid." I said walking up to him looking up at him. I notice his red hooded eyes as he stares back at me licking his lips. I scrunch my face smelling liquor on his breath, I back up not wanting to keep smelling his breath.

"What the fuck is you tripping for? It's only 11 o'clock. You acting like I'm coming home in the middle of the night." He says taking his jacket off throwing it on the couch.

"Wow Dave, So you just forget about our date tonight? Then you got the nerve to get fucking drunk and high, I told you yesterday to clear all your plans and what did you say to me? You said okay." I said watching him sit down on the couch, he leans back covering his eyes with his arm.

"I thought you said the date was on 26th? It's only Thursday the 24th." He says

"Today is Saturday." I said rolling my eyes. He takes his phone out pressing the power button looking at the date on his screen, I huff getting irritated.

"Next time don't promise to be somewhere, when you not gonna be there. That shit was so fucking embarrassing just sitting there by myself in the restaurant." I shake my head as he gets up from the couch. He walks towards me opening his arms to hug me.

"I'm sorry Baby, I just mixed the dates up." He says leaning down resting his head on my shoulder.

"I don't want your sorry ass apology Dave, Next time you need to do better." I said shaking his arms off me as I walked back to the bedroom slamming the door behind me.

" I said shaking his arms off me as I walked back to the bedroom slamming the door behind me

I think it's better to read this story in black background. Tbh it's the only way.😭

Would you run over your mom for 500k?😭

I would.🌚

Kiyah🖤