Nothing to lose

The claws got deeper and I tried not to scream this time. "I was bluffing, bluffing of saying I could feel the pain you could feel." Said Edwin as his teeth grazed my neck, I looked at him, eye to eye then said, "But why are you doing this? I know you don't know me and I don't know you, but we are the hope of our future, we could end this hatred for our people." I felt his teeth starting to pierce my neck, trying to hold back the scream, I muttered under my breath, "Do you hate me that much? I know that I'm not fit to be a princess and that I'm not good enough to be one, but if it makes you happy, I'll let you kill me.." Edwin pulled his teeth out of my neck and unpinned me. Blood came from my neck and wrists as I just stair up at the sky, he stared at me like he didn't know what I was. He finally spoke and said, "I don't want to kill you, dragons have this thirst for Elve's blood. I couldn't control myself so I left but then you came and I lost myself. I wasn't in control of my body, I'm sorry." he took a few steps back away from me. I took a deep breath and looked at him, I felt more blood run down my neck and wrists, "It's okay Edwin, I'm fine. I'll go away if you want." I said as I sat up and gave him his jacket. He pulled my close and licked my wrists and neck to clean up the blood, I slightly blushed but didn't know why. I felt my neck and wrists heal and he held me close, "I know your now afraid, I'm sorry, just don't leave please." he said as I looked at him. He turned to his human form and hugged me tightly, I hesitated but hugged him back. I stayed silent as a few minutes went by, he moved back away from me and stood up. "Now, lets go find what we came for Sky!" Edwin said as he held out his hand for me, I nodded and took his hand with a smile on my lips.