Chapter 3

Marian Cross woke up to the train stopping and letting out a great whooshing sound as it let out big blows of steam. The General looked around for a short while gathering his bearings until his gaze landed on his pupil, the boy was still sleeping soundly so the man carefully got out of under his head to go about gathering their things. He got Timcanpy to swallow all of them then stepped up to the boy and gathered him into his arms. Lifting the boy into his arms with the white haired head pillowed on his shoulder and his right hand holding him up from under his rump while his left arm embraced him to his chest. It looked like a father carrying his son. The teen's arms were bent at the elbow and securely holding onto the Exorcist's coat with an unrelenting strong grip.

The red haired man left the train and the station behind without looking around and walked out into the town looking for an inn they could lay down in. The town they had ended up in was cold and rainy much like London. Finding an inn was harder than he thought it would be, but in the end he had been able to get to one before the gathering clouds let the heavy rain they had carried for far too long fall down onto the town. He went up to the receptionist and paid for a room similar to what they left behind. The woman behind the counter watched him walk up the stairs with a melting heart for he had not relinquished his hold on his Apprentice since he picked him up in the train.

The room itself looked like the countless ones they had slept in the past few years, but it never bothered Allen so Cross wasn't bothered either. He had learned to appreciate the small things in life through the boy. The General laid the teenager down on the first bed softly and covered him in his thick exorcist coat then he sat down beside the boy on the bed with a book in hand and began to read while he waited for him to wake up.

Kanda Yuu was having a bad time as he and Marie escorted their General through towns, cities, hell even villages in his quest of finding new accommodators. He hated the old man's whining and constant reference of him being his son which he isn't. He felt a vein tick on his forehead as Tiedoll began to talk about the beautiful nature as they walked through the heavy rain that had decided to drain them to the bone because they wouldn't find cover and it wasn't because of him or Marie, no it was because that dreamy man leading them. Had it been his choice they would have found cover a long time ago, but no they have to relish in the stupid rain for the enjoyment of the General. After the fifth time they had to stop so the man could comment about a plant being beautiful in the rain the samurai had enough. He grabbed his former master and pulled him after himself towards the nearby town they were headed to way faster than they had been going for a long time now.

The trio made it to the town in record time then the grumpy exorcist trudged through the town looking for an inn for some time. He led the little group into the first one he had found and ordered three rooms. They walked up the stairs with Kanda still in the lead and once they got to the rooms he gave Marie a key, threw the old man into the second room then got into the third one, but not before telling them that they will stay until the rain stops completely and they could go to the next town without getting though outly drenched. The three exorcist changed clothes and went down to eat dinner then they went back to their rooms for the night.

Night fell on the rainy little town and with the dark the danger came out of hiding.

Akumas began to gather around the town. When the numbers were high they opened fire on the town killing innocents all around without mercy for anything or anyone.

Kanda woke up to shots being fired, recognising the akumas attack he leaped out of his bed grabbed his sword and with Marie and Tiedoll at his heels he ran out of the inn into a war zone. There were dead bodies and running civilians everywhere.

The samurai grinned maliciously at the sight of the enemy and without further ado activated his innocence and jumped into action not looking back.

General Froi Tiedoll sighed as his apprentice departed from his side, then with his other son he too activated his innocence and jumped into action. As the three began to fight they made quick work on getting rid of all the Akumas by the end of the fight the town was only half standing for the other half had been shot to rubbles. There were dead bodies lying on the ground and ashes flying in the air. It was always devastating to see so many lives being lost to the earl and his troops.

Theexorcists went back to the inn as they were digging out their luggage whenMarie heard groans coming from underneath the ruins. His unseeing eyes widenedbefore he shouted for the others. "There's a survivor beneath!" The other tworun over and they began to remove the all the rubble from the survivor. Bit bybit they uncovered a young teenager with white hair. The boy's visible bodyparts sported bruises and there were bleeding cuts all over him. After theylifted everything off of him he opened his eyes to look at them with glazedgrey eyes.