𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The door of the Boarding House was swung open as Enzo glared at the three supernatural women that sauntered inside the house. Riley's eyebrows furrowed at the fact Damon was nowhere to be seen. "What are you doing here? Where's Damon?"

"I'm right here." The Salvatore smirked as he walked into view. He headed straight for his girlfriend and pulled her by the hand into his embrace. The two shared a small kiss, which clearly made everyone else feel uncomfortable as they watched the display of affection.

"So, I hear Elena's having sex dreams about Stefan. How interesting." The British vampire quipped toward the doppelgänger who just rolled her eyes.

Elena had lost count of how many times today she had to correct people on what she was seeing. "They're not sex dreams."

"Yeah, more like some other life where she and Stefan are still together and happy." The blonde vampire explained.

"So, why's it happening?" Damon's eyes fell on the witch who was still very much within his hold.

Riley looked back up at him, a bewildered look spread across her face. "Well, we think it might be something to do with the fact that Stefan and Elena are the last two remaining doppelgängers. You remember when Tessa said that the doppelgängers were all fated to end up together, I think that's happening. So, I've asked for help."

Just as Riley spoke, there was a loud knock at the door. Damon pulled himself away from Riley's grip and headed toward the door, where Luke Parker, Liv's twin brother, was stood on the other side. "We're all good on bibles, thanks."

Damon went to slam the door on Luke, but his arm immediately pushed the door open again. "I'm Luke Parker, Liv's twin brother."

"Liv has a twin?" Damon groaned out in annoyance as he felt Riley walk up beside him. "Is it possible for there just to be one of someone around here?"

The strawberry-blonde's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She expected Liv to be stood on the doorstep, not her brother. "Uh, where's your sister?"

"Busy."

"Come on in." The Salvatore vampire sent Luke a strained smile as the Parker witch wandered inside.

Riley took a deep breath and followed behind Luke as he made his way into the parlor. "I've tried everything to stop these visions of Stefan and Elena from happening, but I just—

"—That's because you can't." The male witch deadpanned once he turned on his heels to face the rest of them. "Nobody can."

"What do you mean?"

"Our magic doesn't work like that. We're not bigger than the universe." Luke scoffed quietly, noticing the disappointed look on everyone's faces. "I'm here because we need your help. We think the Travelers are about to make their move. Their leader, Markos, is here."

"Hold on a minute. Leader? Where's this guy even come from?" Riley threw her arms in the air with an exasperated sigh.

"The Other Side." Luke's posture suddenly stiffened. "He's been dead for centuries, and we think the fire sacrifice allowed him to escape."

"Perfect." Elena groaned out in irritation. "A dead old guy with a mysterious, evil plan." She then rose to her feet and headed straight over toward the bourbon. "I'll take that drink now."

"Stefan just called." Caroline announced once she headed back into the room to join the rest of the group. "He said the scrap yard's been completely cleared out."