Upset Alyssa by going and arguing with her boyfriend...or don't go and upset her anyway?

It was six and two threes. I was completely stuck.

"I'm still coming." I replied, camouflaging my lack of enthusiasm with a neutral tone.

"Really?" she squeaked in disbelief.

"Yup." I reassured her, struggling to hold my nonchalant tone.

"Okay! Right- well, we're all meeting inside at two o'clock. I'll see you then!" she explained quickly, excitement coating every word. I smiled to myself, knowing she was beaming by her cheerful tone.

"Yeah, see you-" I didn't even get to finish as the call ended with a click.

I rolled my eyes.

That girl will never learn how to end a phone call properly.

So I have to be there for two o'clock... My eyes flickered to the clock hanging on the wall to check the time. I have an hour. I frowned, realising it usually takes me half an hour to walk to the cinema in the first place-

I only have half an hour to get ready?!

Suddenly the front door swung open and I panicked, jumping slightly backwards on one leg. My wet foot slipped on the floor and I tumbled backwards, landing on my backside. I groaned, looking up to see my Mum clambering inside with the groceries.

"Oh Louise! Are you okay?" she questioned frantically.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I mumbled.

She let out an exasperated sigh, "You should dry yourself off properly before walking around. How many times have I told you?" she scolded.

"Too many to count." I told her monotonously as I stood up, making sure to only press a little bit of weight on the toes of my foot to avoid hurting my ankle.

I heard a gasp and I looked up to see my Mum staring at my blistered feet. "Louise Whitlock, what have you done to your feet?" she asked.

"Well, I was wearing those heels-"

The doorbell interrupted my sentence. My Mum gave me her infamous this-isn't-over-yet look as she tottered over and opened the door, revealing the familiar handsome blonde stood on my doorstep.

"Hi, is Lou here..." Noah asked, but trailed off when his eyes landed on me, widening significantly to two large silver saucers.

A frown swept across my face. Why was he looking at me like that?

Suddenly a small droplet dripped from my hair and splashed on to my shoulder like a little tap of realization and I was suddenly acutely aware I was only wearing a towel. My face went beetroot. I was horrified.

"Wait here!" I blurted before spinning on my heel and quickly shambling up the stairs as quick as I could with one foot.

I heard my Mum tell Noah to come in politely as I rushed into my bedroom, cursing under my breath. Why oh why oh why did he have to get here early?

A little mewl made me turn my attention to the little ball of fluff sat at my feet. Jinx tilted his head to the side, his big blue eyes blinking a few times in a silent understanding to my stressful situation before he trotted past me and leaped on to my bed.

Scanning the room for suitable clothes, I found some jeans in my drawers and a grey tank top before shrugging on my deep burgundy cardigan. I quickly brushed my teeth and dried my hair, glad that for once the natural waves in my hair were reasonably tame and fell over my shoulders neatly. I looked into the mirror, spotting my makeup-free face. I frowned. I wasn't exactly happy with going au naturel but I didn't have any time so it would have to do.