Ch 21: I Promise You

A hand muffled my screams as I was dragged into the bushes. I struggled to be released from the mysterious person's grip.

"Would you stop already." A familiar voice hissed," It's just me."

Opening my eyes they were met with dangerous violet eyes of a certain silver haired boy. My eyes narrowed at him and he quickly removed his hand as I licked the palm of it.

"Ew gross!" Zero shouts, wiping the saliva onto my sleeve.

"Hey don't wipe my own spit on me." I yelled bopping him on the head.

"Ow, you crazy vampire," He grumbled, rubbing his bruising skull. "I don't want your disgusting vampire germs on me."

"But aren't you also a vampire?" I must have hit a sensitive, seeing him tense up. 

Zero began glaring holes into me as his tone became deadly, "What makes you say that?"

"Well for starters your blood tablets are spilt all over the ground." I said pointing to the fully opened tablet case. "Also since I'm a Pureblood I know a vampire when I see one."

"Whatever." He huffed, not letting the scowl drop from his handsome face. "So you and that Kain guy, huh?"

"Yeah, what about it?" I said rising a brow at his statement. It was strange of him to be asking me something so random, then again he was a pretty aloof person.

"Nothing, it's just that -" Zero then started coughing violently all of a sudden.

"Zero? Zero, are you alright?" I asked my voice laced with concern. "Zero look at me." I grabbed his chin, lifting his head up to see his eyes were glowing red.

"Get away!" He snapped, pushing my hand away from him, " I don't need your help."

As he began to get up I quickly pulled him back pinning him to the ground, holding his wrist down beside his head tightly while straddling him.

"What are you doing!?" he yelled struggling to get me off of him. "Get off of me, and leave me alone!"

"No! I'm not going to leave you alone, you need help."

"No, I don't!"

"Why are you being so stubborn about this?!"

"Because, I'M A MONSTER!" He screams in my face then turned his head away in shame. "I don't deserve your help."

"Zero," I slowly released his wrists as we both sat up with me now on his lap, I looked up at him in sorrow. "You're not a monster."

"Yeah, but I will be."

"Well you aren't one yet and you never will be as long as I can help it."

"Oh really?" He said with a humorless laugh. "How are you going to do that?" Zero then went into another fit of rough coughs.

"Here," I said rounding up my sleeve to offer him my wrist. "Drink."

"No, I can't. I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't hurt me." I gently placed my hand on his cheek making him look straight at me. "Please, just drink." He stared at me for a short moment, scanning over my soft features and I swear I saw something flash in his eyes before he closed him.

Zero slowly took my pale wrist to his mouth, giving it a sweet kiss before sinking his fangs into it. I winced slightly then relaxed, while running my other hand through his silky silver locks. There was a similar spark that he was giving me but this one was different from Kain's. All these bonds and connection I felt were on different level but what level they were was what I was confused on. Yet seeing this tsundere boy acting so broken plunked my heart strings.

"You're not a monster, Zero." I whispered softly towards him, using my other hand to comb through his silver locks. "I'll make sure that you'll never become one, I promise."