Chapter Two

Chapter Two

We flew back home just the day after that, hindi ko alam kung magtatagal pa sila Tita Maddie roon but we had to go back because Dad suddenly got an urgent meeting that he cannot missed. Naiwan pa rin muna si Kuya doon at kagaya ng sinabi ni Kevin, he has things to do first before coming home.

I spent the rest of the summer vacation with my cousin Lexi and some of our friends when they finally came home from their own vacation and all they did was interrogate me about me meeting the man that I was promised to marry.

"Is he at least nice?" I raised an eyebrow to Cath who really won't stop talking and asking.

We are at our favorite place to spend some time with when we're stressed out. It's a resto-bar so there's always a live band. Kakatapos lamang namin kumain ng dinner and by now, we're listening to a band singing.

"I think he is..okay?"

Dismayadong tumingin ito sa akin, not satisfied with my answer.

"I think she fell in love at first sight and now she wants him for herself." Pang-aasar naman ni Lexi.

"I already told you that he does look good, I think he's nice but how can I really be sure with that? I don't know the guy that much." Frustrated kong sabi.

Mas lalo lamang lumapad ang ngisi ni Lexi na nakipag-high five pa kay Cath.

"See? Siguro sobrang gwapo kaya ayaw mong i-share." I groaned. "What's his name then? Hanapin natin sa facebook or Instagram, and maybe he has a twitter account."

Cath took her phone from the table while waiting for me to answer.

"Give us his name kasi.." Lianne added.

"You guys are unbelievable." Umiiling na sabi ko sa kanila.

"Tigilan niyo na nga si Illyze."

"Hannah, aren't you curious what he looks like? He is the future husband or our dear friend here.." inakbayan ako ni Lianne dahil magkatabi kami at pinanlakihan pa ako ng mata.

"His name is Kevin Samaniego and I don't think that he has any of those or whatsoever." Natalong sagot ko para tigilan nila ako.

"His last name sound familiar." Komento ni Hannah.

"Of course it is, he is Carl's older brother."

Nakuha naman nila agad ang sinabi ko. With wide eyes, Cath look at me, surprised.

"Carl Samaniego?" I nodded.

"Wow, sobrang liit naman ng mundo." Hindi makapaniwalang komento ni Lianne.

Iyon din ang unang pumasok sa isip ko nang malaman ko iyon. I know Carl very well, he is a year higher than us. He used to hang out a lot with us because of his girlfriend, which is our friend Rox, who is now in another country, studying.

Anim kaming magkakaibigan and we grew all grew up really close. Classmates na kami simula elementary hanggang high school but Rox was forced to go and study abroad by her strict mother, kaya naman ito lamang ang napahiwalay sa amin.

"Does she know?" Hannah asks. Umiling ako.

"I haven't been able to talk to her about all this." Sabi ko.

"I don't think that Rox would want to know." Ani Lexi.

"You're right. She doesn't need to know." Segunda ni Cath.

"I think that Rox deserves to know." Hannah disagreed with them. Kaya naman lahat kami ay napatingin sa kaniya. "She broke up with him, yes but Rox needs to know. She's our friend and if Illyze is bound to marry Carl's brother then there's always a high chance that they'll meet and see each other. They both need to learn how to be in the same room and be civil with each other."