Chapter 2 - Just A Little Left

"The miraculous rising stars who survived a villain attack just with their iron will!! The first years of the hero course!! It's class A!!" The arrival of Atsuhi and her classmates, who were just barely poking their heads out through the dark tunnel, was loudly announced by an overly enthusiastic Present Mic - the commentator of the first year's events. Atsuhi couldn't focus her sight on anything in particular for there were thousands of pairs of eyes looking her way. Her ears weren't doing much better as they couldn't distinguish anything from the deafening roars and cheers erupting from the stands.

"Wow... That's a lot of people!" Try as she might, she still couldn't keep her amazement completely to herself and let a quiet exclamation slip from her lips. An exclamation that didn't go unheard as a smiling Ida started talking to her.

"Pros have to act under the constant attention of the cameras and the media! So it's something we have to get used to, too." As always, Ida's composed and rational way of thinking amazed her. Was he freaking out on the inside too? Well, regardless, Atsuhi wondered if once the festival actually started things were going to change. After all, in the heat of the battle, no number of eyes or spotlights could distract you. Maybe it was wishful thinking but oh, did she hope the constant attention was going to stop bothering her eventually. Otherwise, the only training she would need was one that focused on her anxiety.

Present Mic quickly called the other classes too, among which the female had missed the arrival of the other class from the hero course - 1B. She watched as all sorts of people made their way on the stadium - from General Education, through the Support Course and finally, the Business Course. It was weird to think that they all studied in the same school, on the same floor even. They all had something common in between them - their elite status of first years at UA. And yet, the first time 1A had ever had a real encounter with anyone else was that little incident from two weeks ago when Bakugo had single-handedly pissed off pretty much everyone. Perhaps they had gotten off on the wrong foot... And there was no fixing that now. Great.

Atsuhi's feelings of respect and wanting to get along didn't seem to be mutual. A quick glance at the other classes lined up on the stadium showed the different degrees of resentment, hate, and anger on their faces. It made sense, sure. After all, as unfair as it might sound, the hero course was always UA's star. That's what the school was known for.

And this year, it was even more apparent what with 1A who were attacked by villains and survived. In other words, Atsuhi's class was on bad terms not only with the other courses, as things probably went for every year, but also with 1B, their only potential comrades who were now against them too. In the end, they could only rely on their classmates. And even then, thinking back to the earlier declaration of war by Todoroki in the waiting room, Atsuhi wasn't sure if that was true either.

"Now, it's time for the athlete's oath!!" A rather young woman with long, dark blue hair, red glasses and a costume that left very little to the imagination, had climbed up on the small podium. While it didn't click to her immediately, a few seconds later Atsuhi realized who that was - the pro hero Midnight. She hadn't seen very much of her for some reason. Though she had caught a few interviews but her dad always seemed to immediately change the channel whenever she was on. Huh, why was that again?

Oh, I remember. Wasn't she R-rated? Then what is she doing at a first year festival?! Well, she's even prettier up close...

Needless to say, Atsuhi wasn't the only one worrying about the appropriateness of it all but Midnight quickly shook the noise away and continued doing her job, regardless of how unsuited her appearance might have been for said job.