II

"Now, Mr. Addison, you just have to sign here, here, here, and here...perfect! Miss Hughes is all checked out. Would you like me to fetch a wheelchair?" The bright-eyed doctor's grin seemed to rival his large stomach in size.

Misty examined her cousin, Tarren, closely. His eyes were green, his hair brown, his smile minuscule—average, for a twenty-year-old guy. His nose was pretty big, though.

She traced a hand over the barely-there designs on her new diary—a gift from Tarren's girlfriend. Her birthday was coming up soon, apparently. How old was she again?

"You're eleven, Melinda." He had messed up her name four times in the entire time she'd known him. 23 minutes and 47 seconds, according to her cracked and filthy watch. It had been a gift from her mother, who she'd never met. Of course, that's to be expected when you're in a coma for more than half of your life, isn't it?

Tarren's glare turned onto her as he parked in a driveway. Ugly house, really, but who was she to judge? She wasn't the one who spent all of her money on crack. "Mary, if you touch anything, I'll kill you before you can say a word."

Classy. She clicked the tab on her seatbelt and open the car door, shivering at the look of the driveway. Well, time for a new life.

A.N.

short chapter, i apologize! :)