Chapter 5

Kaya got up the next morning and marked her calender.

One month down, two left to go...

She sighed, feeling extra tired today, one of the side effects of her cancerous brain tumor.

She was having awful headaches more frequently now and overall felt sicker.

Maybe I should get some stronger prescriptions. She thought, scribbling a note to visit her doctor tomorrow.

Trying not to feel depressed, she began to get ready for work. Carefully picking out her clothes for the day.

She wore a pastel blue, short sleeve body suit. The back was open giving it a sexy twist.With white ripped skinny jeans and a pair of gold heels, she was feeling confident in her outfit.

"Just because I'm sick, doesn't mean I have to look like it!" She said to herself, putting on her favorite gold hoops.

At work...

About an hour into her shift, Kaya got a call from Jackson.

Luckily no one needed her at the moment so she decided to go into her office and pick it up.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey Kaya! Can you take the rest of today off? I want to spend the day with you!" Jackson exclaimed into the reciever.

Kaya giggled at his eagerness. "Jackson that sounds really fun bu-"

He cut her off. "Please?! It'll be super fun! Plus, I'm sure your "boss" would be okay with it." He said, playfully.

Kaya hesitated to answer. She still wasn't sure if this was right. She really didn't want to break Jackson's precious heart and still had some doubts that he was her true soulmate.

She'd dreamed about it for so long and now that he was here, she didn't let herself believe it yet.

It was like, way down deep in her heart she knew he was the one! But her mind wasn't quite there yet and it caused her to waver.

"You still there?" Jackson asked, breaking the silence.

"Oh...yeah, sorry!" She answered, twisting her hair with her finger.

"Well...what'd your boss say?!" Jackson asked, Kaya could hear the smirk in his voice.

She paused to think for a moment.
"The boss said yes!" She grinned, giving him an answer at last.

Another date can't hurt...

"Awesome! I'll pick you up in 15 minutes. Now close up your shop cuz' you're in for the best day of your life!" Jackson exclaimed, before hanging up.

Kaya smiled and looked at her phone. How does he do this to me?! I can't say no to this boy!  She thought, hugging herself and smiling.

It didn't take long to close her shop for the day and just as she stepped outside, Jackson pulled up in his shiny white car.

He got out and held the passenger door open for her.

Kaya looked down and smiled shyly as she entered the car. Jackson chuckled and got in next to her.

"Where are we going?" She asked, as he began to drive.

"The beach! I brought food and a blanket so we can have a picnic." He exclaimed, eyes gleaming with delight.

Wow, He's way more romantic than I thought! Kaya thought to herself.