PART 14

(Manik's dress in the media box)

NANDINI'S POV

" We sure bought lot of stuff today"  mom exclaimed as she took a seat next to dad in Mall Espacio M's food court . 

" yeah " i said while taking a seat next manikto opposite to mom and dad. God my feet's  r killing me. No doubt i love shopping but mom loves it to whole next level.

We all woke up this morning and had mom's all time favourite breakfast, bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, pancakes with maple syrup . And then on birthday girl's oops sorry i mean birthday woman's demand we all came to shopping though none us ( me, pops and manik) wanted to endure this torture because mom has tendency to forgot everything while shopping.

" nannu after lunch we both will go to Santa Lucia hill i have heared there are very beautiful churches on that hill." mom said as server placed our food on table which was already ordered by pops

" what do u mean by 'we both' " pops exclaimed with a confused expression on his face

" well, since u both father and son duo thought it was nice to ditch us in mid shopping so now i think it is wonderful to drop u both in mid roaming" mom said while taking a sip of her coffee with an unsaid grace and emphasizing on the words 'mid shopping' and  'mid roaming'.

" mom" manik whined from beside me looking like a toddler in his pouty expression. 

" don't give that look baby u should have thought before ditching us for ur gaming." mom sassed. Manik just gave mom another one of his puppy look whereas dad was totally relying on manik to convince mom . But looks like birthday woman is in a stubborn mood today

" AAWWWW my poor little monkey is not getting what he wants." I baby talked while pulling his cheeks.

Man! it will world's biggest lie if i say i do't like teasing him to no extent and pulling his soft stubble'd cheeks . Troubling him just feels like irritating a cute 5 year old brat. 

" shut it shergill" he said while swatting my hand away from his cheek.

" come on neyo u know i hate shopping we still accompanied to you , we deserve some recession " dad said while taking mom in a side hug and planting a kiss on her right cheek

" raj behave , kids r also here " i heared mom say in horrified tone with a similar expression on her face.

" Firstly dad knows no control mom and secondly we r not kids mom . R we?? i said the latter part while giving a questioning look to manik. He was quick to react.

" of course not ,especially not with a such a romantic person like dad around us." making both mom and dad go crimson on his words and making us smirk at them.

" ok shut up u both r still kids for us" mom said as she try to gain  upper hand in the conversation.

"  mom i'll shut my mouth if u let me and dad to tag along" manik exclaimed while leisurely putting a piece steak in his mouth.

" come on let them u only was the one who wanted all of us to do sight seeing together" i exclaimed as i complete my coffee and earning a surprised look from rest of the three occupants of the table.

well truth to be told i want them to tag along 

1. as it is family trip and they both r part of the family

2. who will carry our shopping bags till the car  😜😜

3. it maybe because i enjoy manik's company more than i let it know

" Stop giving me those looks people i m only saying this because i know dad and manik will either convince us till we say yes or will definitely find someway to tag along so why to fight the inevitable." i exclaimed bringing a face splitting grins on both the men's faces and making mom nod in approval.

soon we all finished our lunch and move towards the parking lot.

" shit i forgot my phone on the table." i exclaimed as i was about to sit in the car.

" nannu" dad said with - why can't you take care of your things- look

" sorry just give me a moment i'll just go and take it" i said while making a move towards the mall.

" wait i'll come along" manik said while getting out of the car and standing by my side.

" i m not a kid i can go alone, malhotra" i said with a disapproving look on my face 

" i know that shergill though u might look like a baby ,but still i m not letting u go alone " manik said and dragged me towards the elevator

" what do u mean i look like baby" i said as we both waited for the lift

" and why can't i go alone" i exclaimed again before he can say anything .

" firstly u do look like a baby see ur self ." manik said while pointing towards the mirror in the elevator to which we just stepped in 

As i look into the mirror i realized i do look like a toddler in my white knee length dress and pink jacket

( Nandini's clothes)

" and secondly u might be a big girl but still this place is new to u and i was just worried about ur safety okay." manik said while playing with some loose strands of my hair.

i couldn't say anything further i was just drowning in his black compassion filled orbs. I was just held captive in his soft smooth velvety ,benevolent and compassionate voice but soon my trance was broken down by ding of the elevator and manik led me out by placing his big rough and to some odd reasons comforting hands on small of my back leading the way.

soon we collected my phone and then we all roamed around santiago making new happy and beautiful memories that we all can cherish through out our life span...

...................

hope u people liked this part 

plzz do vote and comment