More Than Anything Else

Start from the beginning

" Mamma C!! Mamma C!! Mamma C!!!" I heard my little girl whining. " Where are you, Mamma C?"

I chuckled. My little girl. I got out of the washroom.

" Here, baby. Mamma C is here." I called her and she ran to me then hugged me tightly. I hugged her back.

" What happened, Baby?" I asked her.

" Don't go. Don't leave me again." She said sobbing. I broke the hug and wiped her tears. I kissed on her forehead.

" I won't go." I said to her.

" Really?!" She pouted like a little girl pouting hard.

" Really. Mamma C's promise." I said to her and she smiled widely.

" I love you more than this universe." She said.

" Mamma loves you more than that." I said. She smiled widely.

" Come with me. I want you to meet someone." She pulled me with her. I chuckled.

" Who is there?" I asked her.

" Come with me. You will know." She said and pulled me towards the garden.

I saw the kids with Crystal's friend Sophia and a new guy. He had a bright smile which can make anyone feel better in a second.

" Good morning, Mrs. Kingsley." Sophia said. Sweet girl.

" Good morning, dear." I said to her.

" This is my cousin Max." She introduced me with him.

" Good morning, Ma'am. I am Matthew Clemson." He extended his hand towards me.

" Morning. Candice Kingsley. Nice to meet you." I said to him.

" I have heard about you a lot from Sophia. I think all of them are true." He said.

" Like?" I asked him chuckling.

" Like you are very beautiful." He said and I chuckled.

" She said so?" I asked and all of the kids along with my little girl nodded. Kids!!!

" What else did she say?" I asked him.

He started to talk to me. I enjoyed talking to him a lot. He shared a lot of experience with me. I really had a very friendly talk with him. It was very nice to meet him. Sophia and Max left in the afternoon. I searched for my dear husband but he was nowhere to be found. I was going upstairs when Thea came running to me.

" Mamma C!!!" She was panting.

" What happened, little girl?!" I asked her.

" Eugene... I mean Crystal. I mean Uncle... I ...uhhh..." She was blabbering.

" What's wrong?" I asked her.

" Mamma C, Eugene has come to meet Crystal." She said.

" Oh, where is he?" I smiled widely.

" He is inside Crissy's room but uncle is also going to talk to her. I don't know actually what they are doing inside. What if uncle see them kissing?" She asked me.

Hell, no!!!

" Let me see." I said and ran upstairs. I ran after Benedict. I saw him almost reaching Crystal's room.

" Benedict Kingsley!!" I said and he turned to see me.

" What happened now?" He asked me.

" What are you doing?" I asked him.

" Going to talk to my daughter." He rolled his eyes.

" You can't." I said.

" Why not?" He asked me.

" Because...ummm..." I said.

" Because?" He asked.

" I...ummm..." I said.

" You?" He asked. " I have something important to talk to Crystal." He turned to reach the door but I pulled him away and reached our room.

I pushed him on the door heightening myself I pressed my lips on his. I kissed him hard. He was taken aback for awhile but then he kissed me back wrapping his arms around my waist. I felt myself being protected and loved the way I did usually.

" You have started this, Candice. I haven't. I don't think I can handle this anymore." He said.

I knew what was coming next but I don't think resisting him will be a good choice for me. I don't want hold this back. I don't regret it cause I love him more than anything else in the world.