¤ 5 ¤

"What are you so smiley about?"

"Huh?" I cocked my head in confusion at my table partner, Hayoon.
The two of us became friends over these last couple of weeks ever since we started sitting together in this class. Wow Aerie, aren't you a social butterfly lately? I thought. Anyway, Hayoon is the type of person to be super chill and laid back, but also caring and admirable at the same time. Something about the way she held herself made me feel like she had all the wisdom and knowledge in the world. Not only that, but her knack for odd or dark humour really connected us.

"Did Hyunjin do something?" Hayoon asked.

"What? No, why?"

"I don't know, whenever you're happy I always feel like it's because of Hyunjin lately," Hayoon noted.

"Not true, you stinky false advertiser! My friend, Lisa, just transferred to our school actually. Do you want to come with me at lunch to meet her?" I said.

"Nah, not today. I have to retake my math test during my lunch period."

"Who are you and what have you done with my Hayoon?!" I questioned dramatically. "You never fail tests, what happened?"

"I didn't fail, I got a 97%, but the teach was being extra picky on this one problem. I just need to correct it to get 100%," she answered.

"Overachiever much," I grumbled, crossing my hands over my chest and pretending to be annoyed. That's actually one thing I really liked about Hayoon, she's super self-sufficient and smart, pretty much everything I'm not.

~during lunch~

"Hey guys! Meet my friend, Lisa!" I made jazz hands around Lisa as I introduced her to all the guys.

"Hello," she said sweetly.

Lisa got along perfectly with everyone, as expected. She usually has a shy exterior, but once she gets comfortable she's really popular and loveable. And for some reason, it seemed to be really easy to get familiar with these nine boys too.

I sat pretty quietly all lunch, which was very rare for me, but everyone was invested in conversing with Lisa so what else was I supposed to do? Still, don't forget I am me, and nothing peaceful can last.

As I was about to poke my straw into my Caprisun, I somehow managed to, let's say, make it blow up. The drink literally squirted all over my jacket just from me putting my straw in it.

"Noo! Why? Why me of all people? Lord Jesus what have I done to disgrace you so?" I wailed.

"Aerie, you're so extra I swear," Lisa laughed.

"This was my favorite jacket though, can you blame me? Have mercy!" I retorted.

"Alright calm down, Aerie," Hyunjin said between chuckles. "I have a hoodie in my locker, do you want it?" He offered. I nodded and the two of us headed out of the lunch room.

"Seriously, how come this shit always happens to me?" I mumbled as I shoved my wet jacket into my locker.

"My guess is as good as yours," Hyunjin said. "It's cute how you react though."

"Oh? Did you just call me cute?" I smirked at him.

"Anyway, your friend seems nice." Hyunjin quickly changed the topic.

"Yeah...!" I trailed off.
We walked in a comfortable silence for awhile until I broke it. "Can I just spout some real talk real quick?"

"Uh, sure, you can tell me anything."

"Okay, so of course I'm really happy to have Lisa back and all, but to be honest, deep down a part of me was a little...upset?" I said for lack of better words.

"Why's that?" Hyunjin asked.

"Well, we pretty much grew up together, she's basically my sister. But at the same time, I felt like my entire life was just framed around this continuous pattern with her. Everyone compared us and I hated it. We were the inseparable friends, except she was the pretty one, she was the stylish one, she was the perfect one, and she was the one that got all the guys. I know this sounds horrible, but it felt like a breath of fresh air when she moved away," I confessed.

"Wow," Hyunjin stopped to think before continuing. "And don't worry, I get what you mean. I would feel the same way if I were in your shoes."

"Thanks for listening, I know my rants can get annoying. You're actually the only person I've ever told about this."

"It's cool. Besides, your ranting could never be annoying because you yourself already are annoying." I playfully hit his shoulder, and the two of us joked and laughed lightheartedly until we arrived at his locker. "Here ya go, princess." He handed me his hoodie.

"Thanks Hyunjinnie," I said as I pulled it over my head. His smell on it sent chills down my spine and I contently hugged myself with my new sweater paws. "I've always wanted to wear my boyfriend's hoodies," I commented.

"Boyfriend?" Hyunjin furrowed his brows and stared at me.

"Sorry, typo, I meant future* boyfriend."

"This is a verbal conversation, dummy." Hyunjin lightly hit me on the back of my head and we made our way back to the lunch room.

___

[A/N: I just wrote down a bunch of plans I have for this fic ;)
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT HOES CYA]