11 ✨

C A M I L Emonday, 7:19

C A M I L E
monday, 7:19

I woke up to a whole bunch of calls and texts from Monse, Ruby, and Jamal. It was one of those days we didn't have school, and I planned to sleep in for the rest of the night.

29 calls from Monse.

18 calls from Ruby.

7 from Jamal.

I pressed one of their names and waited for them to answer. After a couple seconds of ringing, Ruby answers. " Hello? Ruby, whats going on?" I rubbed my eyes.

" Yes! You guys she answered!" Ruby yelled behind the phone. " Ruby?" I asked, confused. " Camile, you need to get over my house right now. Like right now!" Ruby yelled into phone, and hung up.

I sighed and got dressed for the day. I grabbed my phone and said bye to my family. I walked down the street to Ruby's house and knocked on the door.

The door opened and I got snatched inside.
" Ow! What the hell." I say, rubbing my arms. " Lo siento, Camile, but we need to talk to you." Ruby sighed.

" Here I think you should have a seat." Jamal pointed to the couch. I raised an eyebrow and sat down.

" You guys are acting weird, I mean you're always act weird, but this time it's really weird, and-" I was cut off by words I never thought I would ever hear.

" Camile. Cesar was shot." Monse said bluntly.

" What?" I say standing up. " It's okay, he's in hospital now." Ruby said hugging me, but it wasn't helping because he was so short so he was hugging my waist.

I had tears forming in my eyes but I tried my best to not let them fall out. After the hug, I sat back down on the couch. " How did this happen?" I raised an eyebrow waiting for an explanation.

" Well what we heard from Oscar was that he went and rescued this girl from Latrelle and apparently this girl was important to Cesar, so Cesar went back and confronted him and got shot." Jamal explained.

That's when it hit me.

I got Cesar shot.

He got shot protecting me.

" How was Cesar found?" I sat back worried.

" Well, apparently some people that lived over there called 911 and he was checked into the hospital. We don't know how he's doing now, or if he had surgery." Ruby told me.

" Which reminds me, where did you go?" Jamal asked.

" Yea, you didn't end up in the store and tying your shoes couldn't have took that long." Ruby added.

" Well maybe, depending on if she couldn't tie her shoes." Jamal told him.

"You guys." I spoke.