Where There's Smoke... [One Shot]

"But Mum, Dad, why can't you just let me go? Everyone will be there but me," Harry complains, begging his parents to allow him to go to Nick's house party tonight.

Even though Nick's parents weren't going to be there as usual, Harry isn't about to tell his parents that fact. Especiallysince they wouldn't let him go even more if they knew. And he is pretty desperate to go with all his other friends.

"Harry, we already said 'no'," Anne says sternly in return, stirring the pan of food on the stove.

"And you know our reasons," Des adds, washing his hands at the sink after he finished cutting the vegetables and meat.

"But you don't even know that all that stuff will happen for sure at the party," their son argues. "I mean, there probably will be some alcohol and stuff, but it's not like I'm gonna drink it."

"That's what you say now, right before the party. Once you get there, it'll be different and easier to accept drinks. We're only looking out for you, Harry. We don't want you to do something you'll regret at one of those 'parties'," Gemma declares as she walks into the kitchen and takes a seat on a stool by the island.

Her brother turns to her, glaring as he demands, "So, none of you trust me?"

"It's not that we don't trust you, Harry," Anne starts with a sigh, used to Harry's outburst as he is still a teenager.

"Then what is it? 'Cause you all know I'm eighteen, right? I can make my own decisions, yet here I am, actually taking time to ask you, my parents, if I can go to a party. I don't have to do this, you know?!" the young lad exclaims angrily.

"Watch your mouth there, Harry," Des scolds him with narrowed eyes. "We're your parents, and we deserve to be respected by you, young man."

Letting out a frustrated groan, Harry pulls at his hair and shouts, "Then understand me and let me go to Nick's party tonight! All you have to do is say 'yes' ! It's that simple!"

"The answer is still no," his Dad states through clenched teeth, tired of Harry's 'bratty attitude' towards his own family.

"Whatever," is all Harry snaps back, stomping out of the kitchen, up the stairs, and towards his room. He slams his door shut and locks it behind himself.

Without much thought, he makes his way to his closet and pulls out a duffel bag, stuffing whatever clothes he can grab quickly. He grabs some underwear and socks from the drawers of his dresser, letting out frustrated sounds from the way things turned out yet again with his family.

It's not like he wanted to argue with them again. But they never allow him to go out much or do anything fun with his friends. Apparently, his family 'don't approve of his choice of friends', but Harry has argued many times that his family never even gave them a chance. If only they bothered to actually get to know his friends, then everything would be fine.

Well, mostly everything.

Someone knocks on his door suddenly, making him freeze and stop packing for a few seconds as he holds his breath.

"Harry?"

"What, Gemma?"

"Do you wanna talk about all this?" she asks worriedly, knowing how impulsive Harry gets when fights like that happens.

Yes. "No. I - I just need to be alone right now, Gems. Please give me some time," he answers with some regret at being so harsh to his own big sister.

It's not like he ever really fights with Gemma anyway. They get along quite well, to be honest. But she also doesn't approve of his friends, agreeing with their parents that his 'friends' are 'bad influences' on him.