Party Time

Night has fallin and I can hear music,laughter,and cheering.I must've taken a long nap.I slid on my shoes,fixed my hair,and dust my clothes off.I opened the shed door and saw everyone having a good time. A gentleman slightly grabbed my hand "You want to dance miss?" He asked.I kindly took my hand and declined.I then ran towards the backyard of Massa house to attend the party.I looked around in hopes of spotting Emily. "Eliza over here!" Screamed Emily as she waved her arms in the air.I walked over to her."Where have you been? Thought you'd be the first one here",Said Emily. "I guessed I ended up falling asleep,im glad I woke up in time".I said while twirling side to side.Nick approaches us "Hey ladies,Emily if you dont mind id like to take your sister from you".I looked back at Emily with a smirk and she looked back at me and said to Nick "Sure have fun! I'll be here if yall need me".She waves bye to us.Nick heads in the middle of the crowd and invites me to dance,I accepted the offer and we started dancing together.I imagined it just being us two enjoying our time,Until I began noticing a few disgusted looks from the older white ladies.I think Nick seen that as well and noticed how uncomfortable I was getting.
"Let me grab some desserts and We can head to a private area". Nick said, I agreed to that.He walked over to the table and grabbed a few things and we headed far away into a secluded place but open enough for us to watch others partying.He took his coat off and laid it on the grass for me.I sat down and he sat facing me."You know you grew up to be a beautiful young lady.I couldn't stop looking at you when I saw you this morning". Said Nick as he stare into my eyes.I ended up looking away smiling.
"Its ok to be shy it has been awhile since we last seen eachother,we use to play with eachother everyday getting on Mae last nerve in the house".Nick bites into one of the cakes "Mmm..Mae always knew how to bake these cakes.here try it".Nick breaks a piece of cake and places it in my mouth.I started chewing it all cute."Thank you for the cake.I didnt remember who you were until Emily mentioned our kiss, it brought back so many memories". I said to him, he smiled at me and said "It brought back so many feelings for me". Omg!!! I screamed in my head.I see him leaning towards for a kiss.I leaned in and just as we were about to kiss...
"ELIZA! get cho fast tail up! Hear me? Up now" Mama yelled marching towards us fast.I jumped up from the ground.Nick stood up as well.I can see Massa and a few others looking at us from a far."Go home girl!" Mama said as she tap me on the butt.I was so embarrassed.I couldnt even look at Nick to say goodbye.I ran across the field into the shed and cried on my pallet.10 minutes later Mama returned home."Do you know what you were doing? All them white people out there and yall chose to go be up under some trees the very same trees that they dont mind putting you on Eliza!" Mama said pacing back and forth."yall not little babies anymore and even then they barely wanted you all playing with eachother,What will Massa think? You better hope you gets no whipping". I sat up and looked at Mama,I can tell she was worried about me.
"Mama im sorry I wasnt trying to upset you at all.I promise Mama I wasnt". I cried from just seeing my Mama hurt and worried about me.Mama laid on her pallet and said "You best not do that no more hear?I may not can save you next time". As the night passes by, all I could think about was that kiss I was close to getting. Sighs why do everyone see color except for him and I? What if we were meant to be together?I just know we belong with eachother.
The following day I got up and fixed myself up.I have to be at Massa house early.Today is usually my favorite day because Emily has piano lessons,I like to go there,sit and just listen to her play.As I walk out the shed Mary gets up from sitting under the tree to walk towards me.I really dont want to be in a bad mood on my way to Massa house. "Hey Eliza, are you ok? I heard what happened with you and the boy lastnight" said Mary. I dont know if she is really concerned or its an "I told you so" kind of thing. "Yes im ok we didnt do anything but talk and eat cake I dont know what you may have heard but that was all we have done". I responded back to Mary."Im just worried about you and your safety after all you are my friend.It will kill me inside if something was to happen to you". Mary eyes began to get watery.I gave her the tightest hug and told her "I will be okay nothing is going to happen to me."
Mary and I parted ways so I can head down to Massa house.Massa was on his porch rocking in his white chair as I open the gate I could feel him staring at me.My whole body went numb.I began to walk up slowly and greeted him "Goodmorning Massa". He nodded his head and pointed to the ground in front of him for me to stand.I walked up to him.Emily must have heard because she walked out the door and smiled at me.She stood there I assume to be nosey. Massa leaned forward in his chair and said "Fount yourself in a little trouble lastnight with Nick?". I couldn't look him in the eyes.Emily came to my rescue and stood by me then she said "Father they really like eachother they always.. always have". Massa took a deep breath.
"Like eachother?You both cant be in the open out here like that,Ya know lastnight couldve gone much worse for you". He said in a serious tone. "Yes Sir Massa it wont happen again but Massa do you approve in us being together?", I felt so stupid for even asking that question,Im sure a slap across my face is on its way. Massa leaned back in his chair."Im uneasy,I need you both not to cause anymore attention around here".
A huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Massa didnt say yes or no but he seems ok with it as long as me and Nick are more private. I couldnt wait to see Nick and share the news. Emily and I headed inside the house into the livingroom where the piano stood. Mrs.Beth was never really home she would always be at her family house.If I could i'd encourage her to stay there.Its no fun when she's here anyway.
Emily begins to play the piano.I danced slowly to the melodies. We both laughed at how silly I was dancing.I sat down on the couch and continued to watch Emily practice more songs.
Time went by and Emily was finally done. "I have an idea!Maybe we can go walking and Nick can tag along so that the attention wont be on you two,that will allow you both to spend time with eachother".Emily said that with the biggest smile."Thank you Emily. I best to get up and tell my Mama where we headed.She might look for me".I said to her as I jumped up from the couch.
Emily got up from the Piano chair and looked really annoyed and she said to me."You are my servant. you dont need to check in with any one but us Eliza and if I want you with me you go". I often forget my role when im with Emily.It is true im not just her sister im her house slave but I was cut some slack being that we are so close.I let her know that I understood and we both went outside down the dirt road where Nick lived.