Proof

Clay's POV

"Come one Clay, we have to go to school." Peril said, trying to shove Clay off his bed. "But I'm so ttiiirrred..." Clay whined.

Peril sighed. "I'll make you that steak and lamb dish you like so much." She said. Clay bolted up. He loved Peril's cooking. It tasted so rich and delicious whenever she made him something to eat.

Sometimes I think her mom is actually a chef.

Peril giggled. "No, Kestrel is still the meany grouchy person we all know a small love!" She said.

"Did I say that out loud?" Clay asked. Peril nodded and headed out the door.
——————-(Lunch)——————-
Clay looked around for his friends.

There they are.

As Clay sat down, Mr. Morrowseer grabbed a mic and started talking.

"Yesterday, two students found a dead body of one of our staffs: Mr. Arctic in the Detention Room. Now, I am still not fully convinced that they are not the murders." He paused.

Clay looked at Glory and Deathbringer. They were both glaring daggers at their principal.

"Anyways." Mr. Morrowseer continued. "I want anybody that has seen anything suspicious yesterday to come up here on the stage and tell me what you saw."

Nobody got up or raised their hands. Except for one person. "I saw something suspicious!" A boy called from a table.

He got up and gracefully walked to the stage. "I saw Jambu and Fatespeaker both having knives in their lockers." He said.

"Jambu can't even pinch someone! It's can't be him! Plus, he's a giant coward!" Glory shouted. "And Fatespeaker was in the library with me yesterday so it couldn't be her!" Starflight yelled.

"Hm, anything else?" Mr. Morrowseer asked. "Yes." The boy said. "I also heard Tsunami and Anemone talking about a murdering someone ."

"Tsunami may be scary, but she wouldn't kill someone!" Someone shouted, and Clay took a moment to recognize the voice of Riptide.

Never knew he was in our school. I never saw him until yesterday at the pool, so maybe he just transferred here today.

"Neither would Anemone!" Tamarin shouted, someone Clay met in 7th grade.

"Is that all, Darkstalker?" Mr. Morrowseer ask. The boy-Darkstalker-nodded and walked off the stage. "Alright then, Jambu, Fatespeaker, Tsunami And Anemone, come to my office after school." The principle said and disappeared behind the stage curtains.

"Don't worry Tsunami! I know it wasn't you!" Sunny said. "I hope it wasn't either of them." Glory said. "How come Darkstalker was the only one who saw something? Why was he looking in Jambu and Fatespeaker's lockers? And why was he eavesdropping on Tsunami and Anemone's 'conversation'?"

Clay was worried. What if it was one of them? He looked at Peril and she gave him a reassuring   smile. Clay always loved her smile. Actually, he loved many things about her. But he doesn't just love things about her. He loves her. He loves every bit of her.
——————————————————————————————————
Peril's POV

School was over! Finally! Peril took a turn in the hallways and bumped into Darkstalker. "Ugh, sorry." She apologized.

Darkstalker simply glared at her and-without helping her up-walked away.

How rude! You could have at least said something like 'Oh it's ok' or something!

Peril decided to follow him and see what he was up to. He took a left, then right, and went up the stairs. Peril followed. He went to a locker and opened it.

Must be his locker. Am I just following him for nothing?

Peril was about to leave when Darkstalker pulled out a dagger. Peril hurriedly got her phone out and started recording it.

"Hehe...soon Fathom. You'll pay for what you've done. Clearsight is mine. I bet you put her under a spell. How could she leave me to be with you. My father won't be the only person I'll kill. I guess this is goodbye to our friendship, best friend." Darkstalker said, stabbing a picture of-who Peril guessed was-Fathom.

Peril quickly and quietly ran away. She needed to show Mr. Morrowseer this. She burst through the office door, where Jambu, Fatespeaker, Tsunami and Anemone were at.

"What do you want Peril?" Mr. Morrowseer said. "I'm in the middle of interrogating these students!"

"You don't need to anymore! I know who killed him!" Peril practically shouted. She held up her phone and played the video.