week eight.

Sunday 6:12 PM

Grace sat on the bench in the park where she usually took her dog Pixie and looked at people who were playing with there dogs or working out. Grace looked down at her phone and glanced up to see Daniel walking towards her, she stood up and looked at him as he looked at her. "What's up with your phone?" Daniel said looking at her as Grace stayed quiet for a second. "I hadn't paid my bill yet." Grace said looking at him. "So why weren't you at school?" Daniel said looking at her. "Uh I woke up late, just didn't go." Grace said looking at him as he moved towards her. "Can I get a kiss?" Daniel said looking at her as she walked towards him slowly, as she noticed the bruise on his face, with a scratch on his head she examined his face as she ran her hand against his face as she shook her head as he looked at her, she kissed his lips softly as she rested her head against his as he kissed her forehead. "Walk?" Daniel said looking at her lifting his head up a bit as Grace looked at him and nodded.

Grace and Daniel walked next to each other with about 3 feet of space in between them. Grace looked at the ground as she walked as Daniel looked over at her. "Can we just argue now?" Daniel said as he stopped. "What?" Grace said stopping as she looked at him. "Your mad, cause Friday i'm not dumb." Daniel said looking at Grace. "Daniel, you smashed a bottle on someones head." Grace said looking at him. "And you threw a drink on someone." Daniel said looking at her as Grace looked at him and rolled her eyes. "I was defending myself and don't compare a drink to a glass bottle being smashed on some guys head." Grace said as she looked at him. "I was defending myself too." Daniel said looking at her. "With fighting really? Couldn't you just talk to them?" Grace said looking at him. Daniel took a deep breath. "Talk to them? Do you realize what world we live in?" Daniel said looking at her. "We live in Texas ones of the most dangerous states in this country." Daniel said looking at her. "You know how many fucked up things happen during fights, people almost being killed, because they couldn't defend themselves." Daniel said looking at her. "I did what I did to protect myself." He said looking at her as Grace looked at him. "And to protect you I wouldn't let someone lay a hand on you." Daniel said looking at her as she looked at him. "What are you talking about?" Grace said looking at him. "It doesn't matter." Daniel said shaking his head. "It does matter, you could've killed him, and I don't know if I can be with someone like this." Grace said looking at him. "Don't do this Grace." Daniel said looking at her. "I need time to think by myself, I need space." Grace said looking at him as they both just stared at each other for a few seconds. "Grace.." Daniel said looking at her. "I can't think properly when im with you." Grace said. "I get all messed up in my head." Grace said looking at Daniel as the two just stood and looked at each other for a few moments before Daniel spoke. "Okay.." Daniel said looking at her as Grace looked at him as she felt the wind pick-up, she looked at him before he slowly walked off as she sighed and looked down.