Entry 1- The Beginning

19th October 1246 

I was born a monster. I remain a monster. The curse of being the first child to walk this earth. Millennia after millennia, my youth has been trapped between the walls of the natural and the supernatural. My creator goes by many names, Lamia, Lilith but I call her mother. I was made in the Garden of Eden but I was born my mother’s darkest secret. I grew up hearing how my father betrayed us. She spoke of his name only once, “Adam”. Though he was not like me or my mother. He was not cursed by the man I’m forced to call grandfather, Godric. Before I was born, Godric feared Lilith’s independence and dominance over Adam. Therefore he turned her into his weapon, a bloodthirsty being with a guilty conscience. I was still a part of my mother when she became something different. I could not outrun the blood that ran through my veins. Her hunger became my hunger, her lust became my lust.

All my life, I have searched for a safe haven: somewhere Godric could not follow. That is Blidworde. A sparsely populated place filled with wonders, from the mighty oak that focusses my hunger, to the peasants that keep my secret. A small farming family with little money, who own a distinctly ancient farm where they breed sheep and cattle. They allow me a bronze goblet of fresh animal blood each day. They keep my presence a mystery in exchange for my protection from the forever growing religion, Christianity, which does not take kindly to my existence for I am the daughter of Lilith, the original female demon. In fact the Christians reject all uses of supernatural elements because they fear me, for their mortality is their weakness and I do not share their weakness.