Madilyn scoffed at the man while letting a dark chuckle escape her lips, "well, maybe, start telling the truth before I let out my urge to do more than just hit you." Rip gulped at the flash of red in Madilyn's eyes knowing he had to tell them the truth, "I relinquished my position as a Time Master when I commandeered the Waverider. Chronos was clearly sent to bring me in." Rip dramatically sighed ready to escape his interrogation. "You lied to us," Stein exclaimed saddened by the news. "Of course I lied to you. I needed your help you all barely said yes as it was," Rip simply told them all. Madilyn could see the man was hiding something dark and she was ready to pry it out of him. "What about the legends part?" Jax asked the lying brit, which resulted in the said brit having a look of guilt plastered all over his face. "Ooh, you lied about that too, didn't you?" Snart rhetorically asked already knowing the answer just from the expression on the captain's face.

"I chose you all because, a hundred years from now, your lives have minimal effect on the recorded timeline. I needed your help without disturbing the history of 2166," Rip told them knowing that the situation couldn't get any worse. Madilyn had a feeling this was coming since she never trusted the brit to begin with. Madilyn was starting to believe Thea's earlier joke about not getting on a spaceship with a madman, however the madman instead being a liar. "So, we're like the opposite of legends," Jax concluded everyone's suspicions before the uglier ideas came. "Give me one good reason why we shouldn't kill you," Mick gruffly told the englishman with a smirk. Stein looked at Rip disappointed and angry, "ditto the arsonist." Rip just tilted his head, "because Gideon wouldn't listen to your commands and you'd be stuck here forever." Madilyn stalked towards the man threateningly, "blackmail. Never thought you had it in you Hunter." The woman walked towards Rip with a smirk until she was inches away from him, making him feel internally terrified, "although, I can be very persuasive in making people talk." Once Madilyn saw the pure terror in Rip's eyes, she innocently smiled and turned back to stand next to Jax and Sara like she didn't just have Rip stare death in the face.

"Great, so we're not an elite team of heroes on a sanctioned mission, sent to rid the future of its most horrific bad guy. Just a collection of nobodies who time really doesn't give a damn about," Ray exclaimed out loud disappointed in himself for not listening to Oliver's warning. "I didn't lie about the mission itself. Or the brutality and ruthlessness of Savage. Or my need for your help," Rip told the nine infuriated men and women he had sanctioned for his personal vendetta. Madilyn heard the crack in his voice at Rip's sudden change in attitude. She knew that feeling all too well and she couldn't stop the sorrow she held for the man. "I don't imagine you're the kind of guy who quits his job and takes on this kind of threat for altruistic reasons, so Rip, why don't you tell us: what did Vandal Savage do to you?" Ray asked the man, having the same feeling that Madilyn was having. Rip sighed and shook his head, "the Time Masters discourage marriage. They urge against procreation even more. A Time Master should be free of any personal entanglements that might compromise him."

Rip had confirmed Madilyn's suspicions, making the woman feel that emotional pain come coursing through her after holding it down for the longest time. "But I fell in love, and we had a child. A boy. Jonas," Rip continued finally admitting the real reason they were after Savage. Madilyn's eyes burned with unshed tears for the man, as did mostly everyone else. "Savage killed your family," Ray realised. Rip looked up towards the group with rage and vengeance flickering in his pupils, "he slaughtered my family!" After a few moments, Rip had calmed down and explained the deeper situation, "and thousands of other families. And that body that I swore an oath to serve turned a blind eye. They continue to turn a blind eye. I won't. The last thing that my child saw in this world was that monster's face. You can be damn well sure that when Savage dies, the last face he sees will be mine."

Madilyn looked towards the floor feeling the same desolation the brit had. Rip looked at everyone changing the subject, turning away from the pain of reliving their deaths, "I understand, given the circumstances, if you wish to return home. We can make the jump once the repairs are done, if and when Professor Boardman stabilizes." Kendra immediately marched out of the bridge towards her dying son in the MedBay. Stein nodded his head, "I think we all need a little time to consider our options." Everyone started to walk out, leaving Madilyn and Rip to be the last ones in the bridge. Rip's back was facing her, the man unknowing of the goddess's presence. After a few minutes of silence, Madilyn had said what was on her mind making the brit turn towards her. "I'm sorry. I know what it's like to watch your loved ones die right in front of your eyes," Madilyn told the man walking out after her confession. It left the broken man in shock at the one person he thought would never admit her feelings aloud to a stranger, let alone someone who lied to her.