"What gate?" Daenerys wondered after a brief moment of silence.

With slow steps Maegon found himself slightly behind Daenerys and then carefully grabbed her smaller and more softer hand within his own and moved it to hover over the gate he had in mind. 

"This gate" He told her, almost whispering it into her ear before he stepped back into his previous position by the table. "It is a back gate guarded by few men. Those of my men who have visited Yunkai have reported just that. I will lead the attack myself with your two best men. Those guarding the door will know who I am and will let me in".

"How can you be so sure they will let you inside their walls" The unnamed knight asked him. "Are you just planning to walk up to the gates and demand they open their doors? Without raising an alarm?".

Maegon tilted his head slightly to the right, seemingly curios as his gaze turned to the knight. "I still don't know your name...?"

"Ser Jorah" He answered, putting more strenght behind his title, as it would mean anything when speaking to a man who just barely cares. 

"Do you know of me then, ser Jorah?" Maegon challanged him, crossing his arms over his broad chest as a wicked smile grew on his lips. "Do you know how the people speak of me here in Essos, freed men, slaves and masters alike?"

"You have a reputation" Jorah was able to admit, eye not wavering from Maegon's challanging gaze for even a second. 

"Only 'a reputation'?" Maegon huffed. "What I have is more than a mere reputation. I would say you have wounded me but for that to be true I would have to care about your opinions to begin with. Fortunately for you, I care very little of what you may think of me. The guards will let me in, rest assured of it".

"And when they have let you in, what then?" It was now Barristan who challanged Maegon who could not escape the notion that this war council was slowly turning into an interrogation.

"I will kill the guards who are stupid enough to raise their swords against me after learning how I am. Then we will go through the back streets to the front gates that we will open. And in through them comes the army, the city will fall in hours".

Jorah did not seem so impressed. "Or instead of leading us through the back streets you will lead Grey Worm and I to the slaughterhouse. The Masters of Yunkai will reward you handsomely for cutting of the head of our army and this reputation you seem so fond of will only grow". Jorah glanced at Daenerys who had remained silent during their discussion before turning his full body to Maegon and mimicked his stance, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"You are a suspicious man, ser Jorah, with an even more suspicious mind" Maegon observed, his eyes traveling up and down Jorah's form, as if he was assessing the man. Only that Maegon was not all that impressed for he shrugged his shoulders with an unimpressed look on his face. "You may not like me, ser, and I do not care if you hate my very being or worhsip the ground that I walk on, but for your sake, never again accuse me of being a dishonest man when I have already pledged my sword to the Mother of Dragons".

Maegon's voice was deep and sharp and as it spoke it seemed his entire face grew into an angry and dark mask, his eyes turning into a darker shade of violet than before. Jorah heard what he said and chose not to argue back with the man, instead he turned to Grey Worm, who along with Daenerys had been quiet. "And you Grey Worm, do you trust this man?".