Chapter 2- Logan

Chapter 2

Logan’s POV (Blue eyes)

Buzzzzz Buzzzz Buzzzzzz

“Logan it’s time to get up!”

Go away! I think too tired to voice my thoughts out loud.

“Come on Alpha get your ass out of bed!”

5 more minutes mom. These are the times when I love pack mind linking the most, just think what you want to say and project it to the other person’s mind- while snuggling back into your duvet and catching a few more zzzz’s.

 “Fine then no pancakes for you!”

I shoot out of bed, grab the first T-shirt that comes to hand and run downstairs to the kitchen.

“No. No. Wait. I’m up! I’m up!”

I arrive in the kitchen to see the clock on the wall reading 7:20am and turn to face my mother who’s giggling to herself while plating up chocolate chip pancakes. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not that guy- You know the one that can’t cook and has to be heaved out of bed in the morning and waited on hand and foot. I can’t be. Being the Alpha of a pack has certain responsibilities, one of those being punctuality. If the Alpha arrives late he’s setting a bad example for the rest of the pack. The only reason I didn’t get up is because I was running late night patrol last night to keep an eye out for any rouges- more and more have been crossing our borders without us knowing. And I can cook, I’m pretty good at it if I do say so myself. It wasn’t one of those things I had to be forced into doing; quite the opposite actually, when I meet my mate I want her to be impressed- so I can cook and clean and build and garden and... Well if you name it I can probably do it. I know what you’re thinking- all this for a girl, but this is THE GIRL, The One, my soul mate and I don’t want her rejecting me because I don’t help out around the house.

“...and by the way, I was talking to Claire and her boy Matt’s about to shift soon, and understandably she’s a bit worried so could you keep an eye out, you know, let him see you’ve got his back and all that?” “Logan, are you listening?”

While I’ve been busy stuffing pancakes into my mouth, mom’s been prattling on about things as per usual.

“Yeah mom, first day of school don’t get into trouble, just ‘cause I’m an Alpha doesn’t mean I’m better than everyone else, keep up my grades, don’t get detention and keep an eye out for that Collins kid.” I recite the usual lecture and add the bit about the kid on at the end, nothing new all the normal crap teenage boys get with a little werewolf add on.

“Got to go get changed Ma, thanks for the breakfast” I kiss her cheek, and run back upstairs to hop in the shower, while there I mind link the guys about meeting Matt and having a little talk.

He’s only a freshman so he’ll get the bus to school, we’ll have to meet him off it

My Beta Carter mind links back. This is what he’s best at- remembering names, ages, and random shit like that.

All right meet up in the parking lot in about ten minutes yeah?

I say before grabbing my black jeans dark blue T-shirt and varsity jacket. There’s no point being the quarter-back if people don’t know it.

I get the keys to my car and settle down to have a talk with my wolf on the way to school.

What’s up Cole? Why are you so agitated? I say, getting annoyed at the unpleasant feeling.