INTRO

Bryson Pov 

I walk in the house and see my mom sleep on the couch. For the past year my mom has been very distant from me and my little brother Keith, I was never really close with my mother growing up with my mother so it didnt really bother me but Keith got it bad he was a mommas boy so when my mom started leaving the house and not coming back for weeks at a time he got messed up in the head. I think he thinks its his fault but its not its our moms. I pretty sures she doing drugs or has separate family.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when my brother bust in the room crying.

¨Whats wrong why you busting in here like that.¨

¨Its mom shes not breathing ¨

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just like that my mom is gone. She ODed on cocaine and fentanyl.

The next thing I knew me and my brother were on a plane to oakland Cailfornia.

                                  Kehlani Pov

After along day at school I went straight home , I had this lyric in my head, So if you ride then I'm riding too By your side kinda stuck on you ,You know I fuck witcha. I got home and went in the house as soon as I opened the door. My mom was already calling. Shes really my auntie my mom was in and out of jail when I was little and my dad died when I was a baby so my auntie took me in, she is like my mom.

¨KEHLANI IS THAT YOU¨

¨Yes¨

¨COME HERE¨

¨Ok... always yelling¨

¨WHAT YOU SAY¨

¨Nothing¨

¨mmhm¨

I made my way to Kitchen where my mom was.

¨Yes¨

I sat at the small table . I could smell the food, she was cooking all my favorite foods. Somethings wrong she never cooks big meals like this besides christmas and thanksgiving.

¨So next week me and some of my friends will be going on a girls trip so you will be staying at sherleys house.¨

Sherley was our old neighbor , she would watch me when ever my auntie had work. She was like my grandma.

¨I dont want to go there can I miss school and go stay with grandpa and Jamari"

¨NO, I told you where you are going now go set the table. Oh wait and her grandsons Bryson & Keith, will be staying there too so be nice their mom just died.¨

_______________________________________________________________________________

         2days later

¨When we get in this house , you better say hi to everybody¨ she said through her teeth.

¨Ok¨

My mom rang the door. We waited for about ten seconds before Sherley

Sherley: Hey Jackie come in.

we walked in the house and I seen a boy he looked a little younger than me. He was on a gaming system with headphones in. He wasnt paying us no mind. Sherley walked over to and yanked it off.

Sherley: Boy didnt I just tell you to take all this shit off.

Keith: I didnt hear you. Damn

When I tell you the whole neighborhood could hear that slap , Im dead serious