~Chapter I~

Keith's eyes flutter open,he had another one of those dreams again. He wonders what those dreams meant. Resting his face on his cheek, he pulls back and wipes a tear that had unexpectedly trails down his cheek. He runs his hand through his hair,he wanted to figure out what these dreams meant and even more now that he was going to cry because of it.

He couldn't lie though, he felt a pang of sadness in his heart. It wasn't only sad dreams,some were terrifying, some were conflicted and complex but mostly happiness with the blue boy.

One memory he truly couldn't get out was when the usually flirty and confident boy had came to his room and had a serious conversation with him. One that was truly unexpected from him,but Keith was there for him.

Keith got off his bed and went to start his daily routine. Washing his face,his mind still drifted off to his dreams,it was beginning to bug him out. He was too deep in thought to hear the doorbell ring until for,like, the fifth time.

"Coming!" He calls out, running a clean cloth over his face,he made his way to the front door of his apartment.

Behind the door,reveals a boy of the age of eleven or twelve. With his light brown hair,he was sure to be a Cuban,but not all brown haired people were Cuban. Keith just knows because the boy had been coming to his house for a while now and had told him. Hew had sounded so proud to be Cuban.

In his huge grin,the chipped tooth he had gotten from falling off a bike was evident.
"Good morning,Mister!" Leo greets.

This was part of Keith's daily routine. When Keith moved in to the apartment next to Leo's house,Leo's family had offered him to have dinner with them as a welcome. Leo had been intrigued to Keith ever since.

Keith sighs "Look kid,don't you get tired of coming here all the time? I mean,there's not much to do anyways," Leo shook his head "nope! You don't have to worry about me,I just want to hang out with you!" Leo said.

Keith wasn't worried though, in all honesty,he was sorta annoyed at the boy but he wasn't going to tell him for the kid's sake.

Leo then easily passes through Keith and into his living room. Keith shuts the door close and follows next. Seeing the boy turning on the TV as he enters,he wonders how the boy could find anything interesting about Keith. Though, Keith can't help but see a slight resemblance between Leo and the boy named Lance. He shakes the thought away.

"Have you eaten?" Keith asks, heading to his kitchen and starting to make his breakfast. Leo bounces off the couch and runs up beside Keith,watching his cook.

Keith didn't know much about cooking,but he had enough knowledge to make himself a simple bacon and egg sandwich.

"Yep!" Leo said,popping the "p" as he did so "mamá wouldn't let me come to see you if I didn't eat breakfast," he said as Keith places the bacon and egg between two breads.

Keith sat on a chair with Leo sitting beside him,he couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. Seriously,what was it with kids and there intense stare. Just as Keith was about to take a bite out of his breakfast,Leo pipes up.

"Hey Keith!" He says,rather too loudly,taking Keith by surprise and almost dropping his food "what?" Keith grumbles,trying to hide his annoyance.

"Why don't you just have breakfast with us instead!" Leo questions,sounding really excited about the idea,but to Keith,it sounded more like a statement.

"Its just so lonely in here. Don't you get lonely in here? You live alone," Leo added.
"No I don't,every time you leave,a certain creature crawls out under my bed and I have to fend it off and lock it back where it escaped," Keith joked,a serious look keeping itself on his features.

Leo's nose scrunched up "no,there isn't. And you don't," Keith smirks "I do," he takes a bite out of his sandwich.

After a moment,Leo's eyes lit up,an idea popping in his head.
"Well I'm going to look for it," he jumps off the chair and runs up the stairs.

"Don't let it get you!" Keith calls out, before taking another bite "and don't touch anything!" He added.

Later on,Keith finished his breakfast and placed the plate by the sink just as Leo cane running down the stairs,his signature grin still on.

"Did you find it?" Keith asks, Leo shook his head and bought out a box. Snakes and Ladders "nope,but let's play!"

Keith could've sworn that he put this in his storage room, and thought Leo would be in his room. Keith felt anger built up inside him,there was something he had put away in the storage room and if Leo had been going through there,he swore he could've hurt the kid then and there.

Yet,Keith couldn't do that no matter what,not just because Leo was a kid but because Leo had no idea what that item meant to Keith.

Still,Keith went to ask "were you in the storage room?" Leo nods "there wasn't any monster under your bed and when I was about to tell you that,I found your storage room slightly open,"

"Anyways,you lied! There wasn't any monster or creature at all," Leo pouts. Keith shrugs "maybe it got out," Keith mutters, mind still distracted.

"Did you look through anything else while you're in there?" Keith's eyebrows furrowed. Leo's eyes could be found full of confusion but still,he grins and shakes his head,hair bouncing a little on his head.

"No,my mamá raised me better,"he states, proudly. Keith relaxed at that,he should make sure to hide it somewhere more difficult to find. He really didn't want to be reminded of a bad memory.

He felt something hit his arm lightly. Leo nudges the board game to him,a wide grin still plastered on his features "lets play!"