She seemed confused and startled by me at first but just became more and more curious as I wrapped her injuries silently.

She asked twice who I am and I responded with, "Blue Spirit." With those two words I saw a flicker of understanding in her eyes. She nodded and smiled.

She turned to walk away but I grabbed her arm gently and asked, "And you?"

She smiled softly and responded, "Katara."

The next day, I saw her walking through the village tending to her business. She had a dreamy sort of content expression ln her face as she wandered around the village.

Out of the corner of my eye I see three men

Out of the corner of my eye I see three men. They are the workers on the constant boats that rotate through the village.

Just as I turn back to look at Katara she's gone. And so are the men.

Katara's POV

I walked into the forest to refill my water jug with fresh water for bending. As I was refilling it I heard the snap of a twig right behind me. I turn around expecting to see a familiar masked friend of mine, only to be met with a earthbender's lustful eyes.

I gasp in shock as he walks toward me. I stumble backwards until I would almost fall into the water.

I step backwards into the river soaking my clothes. He continues to walk towards me until my back hits the steep wall of a cliff. I'm cornered.

With a swift motion he grabs my hips and grinds his onto mine. I try to push him away but his firm hold on my hips makes this nearly impossible. 

"Let me go. Please I didn't do anything to you!"

His men sit down whistle a couple remarks as the man continues to touch me. I begin to fight back more and more until I can't move. My body stays frozen.

I gasp in shock as he slips his hand up my skirt. I cry out in fear as he slides his hands up my legs and thigh going higher and higher until-

Suddenly a katana flies through the air and cuts a thin line into the side of the man's head before landing in the wall. The three of them were deal silent while I whispered in relief, "Blue."

The Blue Spirit stands on the other side of the stream with an elderly woman by the collar. He demands to the woman, "Release her. Now."

The woman scoffs and does some traditional bending movements and I gasp as my legs give out. I can move again.

The man steps to the side and lets me fall to the ground. Within seconds Blue sweeps me off my feet and into his arms.

I snuggle closer to his chest as he tells the men and the elderly woman, "Leave now. If you come back to this village ever again I will personally hunt you down."

Tears roll down my cheeks as they leave and my hands don't stop trembling. Blue sits down with me on his lap and gently rubs my back soothingly as I sob softly.

Blue lifts up his mask only enough so that his lips are shown and kisses my forehead. "Deep breaths."

I whisper out to him, "What was that bending that she did?"

He sighed and squeezed my hand. "Blood bending. Horrible type of bending. That woman is the last and only person that can blood bend for a reason."

I nod and sniff. "Can...you walk me home?" He nods and takes my hand. When we arrived at the village everyone was in a panic. A fire bender from the Fire Nation in traditional red robes stood towering over the crowds on the dock.

He proclaimed loudly, "Give me all of your benders. If you do not hand them over I will kill one of you. Starting with him."

He points straight at a five year old boy that is holding on to his mother's leg. The crowd murmurs in shock and fear.

Zuko's POV

I hear a short intake of breath and her fingers tighten around my hand. I turn to look at her and I was met with her big teary blue eyes.

Suddenly the earth bender from the forest grabs the fire benders arm and points at Katara and I. They exchange a couple words before the fire bender smirked.

Suddenly he bends the fire into a snake like stream. I watch with fear as it glides right above our heads until it lands in my house. I gasp in shock and run towards it. Blue grabs my arm and tries pulling me away from it, "Katara no, it's too dangerous!"

I yank my arm away from him and open my pouch. I drown out the sounds of everyone around me and gently bending the water to put out the fires. I run inside and gather all my belongings as fast as I can. Just as I finish and turn around to leave, the fire bender is behind me. He grabs me by the throat and slams my back into the boiling hot walls still hot from the flames.

I scream in pain as I feel my back burn. He throws me to the ground and kick me out onto the street. I tumble out of my house and slam my back against the floor. I cry out in agony as he pulls my hair harder lifting me up.

"THERE WAS A MOLE IN YOUR VILLAGE! A WATER BENDER, A FEMALE TOO, DO YOU SEE THAT AS ACCEPTABLE?"

"NO!"

He smirks and clasps the restraints around my wrists behind my back with a metal collar around my neck. A long chain is connected to the collar like a leash to add to my humiliation.

He nods firmly to the crowd and announces, "Because of this discovery you are allowed to keep your benders."

The village erupts into cheers as I groan in pain. As they celebrate he drags me into the boat.

He throws me into a metal cage and clasps the chain to the wall. He grabs my face and says, "Go ahead girl. Cry. They all do."

I hold a defiant expression until he lets go and walks away. I sit down in the corner of the cage and bring my knees to my chest and close my eyes. My eyes water with tears but I don't let them fall.