f o u r

"Taehyung why don't you go take that guys order for me?"

"Alright hyung," Taehyung notices Hoseoks frown when he doesn't put much emotion in his voice. He couldn't help it, Taehyung was upset. He hadn't seen his family members in two weeks. They hadn't called, haven't come home, or haven't answered Taehyung's phone calls. Much to his dismay Minho didn't stop talking about how much of a loner he was.

"Hi my name is Taehyung, and I'll assist you today what do you want to order?"

"Hello can i have vanilla ice cream in a cone?"

"Who orders vanilla when we have like 50 different flavors to choose from," Taehyung mumbled to himself, though the other must've heard him. "Well how about you tell me about them? It's my first time coming here." Taehyung finally looks up from his notepad only to see a handsome raven haired boy he indeed, hadn't seen before. Or so he thought, because he found himself asking if he'd seen the other before.

"We may have."

"Oh well sorry I guess, I must have you confused for someone else."

"So are you going to tell me about the flavors?"

Taehyung would've gladly done it. He loved ice cream and he would take the chance to talk more to this guy. But he was working. "I'm sorry I'm still on working hours and I-"
"Taehyung your shift is over," Jimin had interrupted him. "But I thought I had three hours le-" Taehyung questioned all while being oblivious to what his friend was trying to do.

"Taehyung your shift is done. Hoseok said so listen to your manager," without another glance Jimin had left. The blue haired boy could only sigh before turning to look at the other boy who was still there staring right back at him. "I guess I will take you up on the offer... if you still want to that is." Taehyung was actually hopeful that he would agree. He didn't want to go back to his home and be alone.

The sky was beginning to set and Hoseok's ice cream shop was about to close. Two boys sat at the back corner of the shop, continuing to talk without a care. They were both enjoying each other's company. Enough to have spent the whole afternoon together. Their conversation soon coming to a halt when a certain boy came to interfere.

"I'm sorry to stop your chat Tae but the store is closing and you two are the only ones left," Jimin looked between both boys, all while noticing his best friend's faint blush on his cheeks. His smile turned into a smirk knowing well that the other took a great liking to this mysterious boy.

"Oh s-sorry for holding you guys back then, I should get going." Taehyung fumbled with his sweater as he hastily pulled it on realizing how late it was. Ready to leave, he was about to run off before turning around, waving at the boy he had enjoyed his afternoon with. He hoped to see him again.

He ran to the bus stop, puffing small pants out of his mouth as he was out of breathe. Quickly he climbed on the bus before it departed. After 15 minutes he got off at his stop. Eagerly opening the front door and heading towards his bedroom. He was too tired to even think about his problems, or the fact that he had to study for an upcoming exam. However he had no regrets.

He had regrets. His eyes were scanning over the questions that he didn't understand. It was his least favorite subject, English. He could hardly speak the language or for the fact even bring himself to pay attention in this class. Maybe if class wasn't so boring then he would actually feel the need to try. But he had no motivation.

The door swung open catching many students attention. Taehyung's teacher bows respectfully as the principal enters the classroom. Taehyung notices that behind the principal there's a boy trailing behind him. A new student at this time of year? The school year was almost over, so Taehyung was confused as to why there were new students.

He didn't seem to care anymore as his eyes came to a stop on the boy's face. It was the same boy he had talked to for hours straight at the ice cream shop. His brows furrowed and his bottom lip slightly jutted out as he realized he never asked for the other's name. "Alright class quiet down. This here is Jeon Jeongguk and he will be joining us for the remainder of the year."

On cue Jeongguk bows before looking over at the teacher who points to his seat. His eyes brightened as he was assigned to sit next to Taehyung. Both boys noticed the hushed whispers as he walked to his seat. Most were questions of how students never had seen the new boy before, or how handsome he was.

"Everyone get back to your tests!"

Taehyung glanced at Jeongguk one last time before turning back to his difficult test. Even so now he couldn't concentrate any less. His name seems so familiar. But why? Taehyung frowned trying hard to remembered. His mind wandered to when he was a child but was quickly cut off when the teacher had said they had 10 minutes left. Hurriedly he finished his exam, knowing that he had likely failed.

The bell rang loudly waking Taehyung up from his short nap. He hadn't realize he had fallen asleep but that was fine by him. Lunch was starting and he decided to ask Jeongguk if he'd sit with him during lunch. Luckily for him, the boy sat behind him and shared most classes with him. It made Taehyung happy. He would have a new friend.

"Hey Jeongguk?"

The younger male looked up at the other curiously. "I-I was wondering if maybe you'd um have lunch with me and my friends?"
Jeongguk smiled, "Sure Taehyung."
As they made their way to the cafeteria Jeongguk couldn't help but notice the slight bounce in Taehyung's steps. He was excited.

Sunlight seeped through cafeteria's windows as they entered. It added a glint to Taehyung's eyes which just increased his cuteness. Jeongguk caught himself staring, sighing a bit before turning to the older who was introducing his friends. "Okay, Jeongguk this is Hoseok and Jimin, my best friends!" Taehyung pointed at each boy as he told their names.

Jeongguk nodded in acknowledgment before sitting down next to Taehyung. "I believe we've briefly met already Jeongguk." The aforementioned boy turned to look at the pink haired male, nodding yet again. "So where'd you come from?"

"Daegu."

Taehyung gasped slightly as he fully turned to Jeongguk. "Really? I come from there too! Except I moved 10 years ago," he sighed quietly missing the place. "Yeah I know," Jeongguk murmurs quietly. "What?" Taehyung looked at the other with confusion. "Oh i mean i know what it feels like to move... too.

Taehyung could only nod in agreement. He was busy thinking about his old house. He loved it there, no matter what the bullies did to him back then. He only frowned more when he heard his phone ding, but it wasn't any of his family members. Just a notification. "You okay?"

"Y-Yeah I just- I'm fine just thinking," he stuttered out.

The bell rang yet again informing the students lunch was over. Taehyung waved to the three of his friends goodbye before running off to his class. Jeongguk took notice of the boy's mood change. He was going to figure out what was wrong, he was determined to keep that frown away from Taehyung's beautiful face. The face he missed so much throughout those years.