I. The strange girl and the Territory in the Other World.

The day begins with a boy. His name is Ren Kurusu; he is 16 years old, lives in the city named Yamataka, and his visual? Well, curly and black hair, and is wearing the school's default outfit, a white T-shirt and a black jeans.

Ah, the school, right? Yamataka Primary Academy and he's in the second year of high school.

It was a normal day, like every day. First day of class, Ren was leaving his house.

"Take care, okay son? Today is the first day of class, do not be late!" Said his mother, she looked cheerful... After all, it is the day that everything starts. Yes, everything...

"Right, right, mom, take care as well." He said as he turned his back to her, and started walking, leaving the house then going on his way to the academy.

As he walked towards the metro station, he's walking while using his cell phone, focused on the screen; he did not notice what happened around him.

As he looked around, it seemed that everyone stopped... Like the time stopped, you know? Only he was able to move...

"Huh? What the... Hell is going on here?!" Ren said as he looked around, confused.

When suddenly, from afar, we can see a thing... A monster! It seemed to have the shape of a baby?! Yeah, a baby monster! While walking, that baby had his mouth open while some white things were leaving the body of the people and entering in the baby's mouth... Those things were... The human's vital energy, their existence!
The baby monster was sucking people's life, eating them! Ren got scared, and started to run. He did not understand why only he was moving there, in the middle of many people that just suddenly stopped.

"What the hell, what the... Hell?? Someone, please explain me what's going on here!" He stumbled, and the baby noticed him.

"Look what we have heeeere! A Special Energy! Yum, yum! I hope it have an incredible Treasure inside!" The monster said.

What is 'Special Energy' and 'Treasure'...?

Now he has nowhere to go, he can't escape. The baby stretches its arm to catch Ren and yes, the baby got him.

But suddenly, the baby lost its arm, like it got cut by a blade.

"U-Uahh! My, my arm, my arm!!" The baby screamed wildly

And then, in front of Ren Kurusu, appears a girl with a long and red hair, bright as fire. She looks at him on the ground, confused, she is checking if he's not hurt... And then, she looks to the baby again, now running to attack it. Cutting it in half and it now disappearing, she sheats her sword and her hair turned from red as fire to brown.

Ren quickly get up and without knowing what to do; he decides to ask the girl... What the hell happened?

"Uh... Hey, girl! Can you explain me what happened here...?" After saying it, she looked at him.

"Just wait a bit." She lifted her hands, and several rays of light come out of them... The people who died by the hands of that baby came back to life! Or, this is what it seems to be. "Right, finished... Boy, look, I will explain you everything."

Ren just nodded.

"Look, this place we are now, is a Territory in the Other World.
What you saw was a Demon.
I am a Heroic Warrior
The people I recovered, they already died and I did not revive them. I just created Phantom Energies, a substitute for them... A Phantom Energy will disappear with time and with this, no one will remember them... Like they never existed, you understand?"

And he nodded again, meaning yes.

"You, you are a Special Energy. Special Energies are Phantom Energies that, well, can get involved with the Other World."

"Wait, let me understand it right. You mean... That the real Kurusu Ren... He... Already died...?"

"Yes, the real Kurusu Ren already died and you are just a substitute for him."

He lowered his head, he can't believe on this.

"And look, this is all you need to know. I just said everything already because the last time this happened was a pain to talk to that Special Energy..."

"I can get involved with that Other World, right?" Ren asked.

"Yes, you can." She answered.

"So I will do this, I will kill Demons now!"

"It's not that simple, my dear. You need a lot of training and need to pass through hard things... And who knows, if you still exist until there, of course, you will be a Heroic Warrior"

She then just started to walk while the 'Territory in the Other World' disappeared, the time started to run again.

He just looked at her going away...

"Hey! What's your name, girl?"

She turned to him. "What, my name? My name is Hana." And she turned her back him, now walking away.

Ren still a bit confused, and forgot he has class! He looked at his cell phone and got scared, now began to run because well, he is late!

Getting there, indeed he was late. But ran and opened the classroom's door. The teacher and the other students looked at him.

"Kurusu Ren, you are late! Go and take a seat that is free." The teacher said... And he did it.

During the interval, Ren was going to the terrace, he has always gone there, but he saw another boy there, in the front of the terrace's door... He seemed to be spying something.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Ren asked to him

"Huh? Ah, there's a group of guys bullying another one, I wanted to help but man there's a lot of guys like, five or six!" The blonde boy answered without even looking to Ren.

"Hah, just wait a moment then." Ren was about to open the door and went to the terrace... And the blonde guy is just watching.

A group with exactly five guys was kicking and bullying a boy on the floor, he was all hurt. Ren without thinking twice, opened the door and stepped outside.

"You!" He pointed to the one that seemed to be the leader.

And that guy turned to him "What do you want?"

"Stop this; what you guys are doing is pointless!"

Well... they stopped and instead of going away, they ran towards Ren, to attack him instead.

After a time, Ren was on the floor... Of course, he lost this fight. Trying to get up while the group left the terrace, he saw a hand... As he looked up, the boy who suffered before was trying to help Ren.

"T-Thank you..."

"What's your name? I guess I saw you before..." He was curious.

"Me? Kurusu Ren, I'm from the 2-A."

"Kurusu Ren? Aah! The boy everyone say about, just because you succeed in every test, but failed on the last one, right?"

("I can't... It's the first day but man, why remember this...!") He said mentally. "Yes, I am this boy."

"I am Kashima Satou, from the 1-A!" He bowed.

"Kashima Satou-kun? Hm... It is pleasure to meet you."

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Ren-senpai!"

They become friends really fast.

But I know something strange waits Ren Kurusu... Meanwhile, another boy seems to be a bit insecure... Like something happened to him, you know? It is a thing we will need to know better later... What should be it...?