𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

"He might've deserved that." Jeremy scoffed while Elena just rolled her eyes back at him.

"Too right, the guy was a dick." Riley hummed with her head rested against Damon's shoulder.

"My Grams died trying to close the tomb she wasn't in." A look of sadness and regret fell across Bonnie's face just as Riley sent her a sympathetic smile.

"Tyler's werewolf curse got triggered because of her." Caroline spoke up with a shot in her hand and then she immediately downed it.

"Klaus followed her to Mystic Falls and because of that, we lost Jenna."

"And Alaric."

"We're gonna need more booze." Matt picked up the empty bottle of bourbon that was in the center of the table and then headed out of the room to find more.

"She tried to kill me at least twice." Elena carried on with her list of things Katherine had done to her.

"She did kill me." Caroline furrowed her brows. "Although, I'm weirdly better off."

"Rumour has it, she burnt down the entire city of Atlanta once." Damon told the group while his hands tapped against Riley's thigh as she sat on his lap.

"You're kidding me, right?" The witch looked back at her boyfriend with wide eyes, just as Stefan walked into the room.

"Alright, knock it off or take it somewhere else. You guys are being insensitive." The younger Salvatore rolled his eyes once he headed over to the group.

An immediate groan left Damon's lips as he tilted his head over to Stefan. "Come on, Stefan. Don't let the sight of a frail, human, Elena lookalike cloud your memories of the manipulative psycho that she is." He then held out a shot, which Stefan finally took.

"In 1864, Katherine moved into my home, she compelled me to love her, seduced my brother, fed us full of vampire blood and then started a war with the town that got us killed."

"I'll be honest, Stef, I think this is the part when you down that." The strawberry-blonde pointed to the full shot in his hands while the rest of them downed theirs, though he didn't drink it.

"But, centuries before that, she was just an innocent girl who was shunned by her family. So, for five-hundred years, she lied and manipulated and did whatever she had to do to survive, and she did. She's a survivor, right? So, that's the girl that I will drink to today." Stefan lifted the shot in the air and finally drank it. "Cheers."

"Please. One night of hot sex with her, and you're brainwashed?"

"What?!" Elena's eyes gaped wide open then narrowed toward Stefan in disbelief.

"I, uh— forgot to tell you. But, in my defense, I was kidnapped and held against my will, so." Riley held her hands up in defence.

Stefan, clearly unwinding to hang around, tried to make an escape. "The bottles empty, I should probably—"

"That's why you never send a busboy to do a man's job." Damon tapped Riley's thigh before he stood up and attempted to grab another bottle. But, when he got to his feet, he saw Katherine's daughter, Nadia. "Nadia, the Devil's spawn. Hey, Caroline, did you remember to tell Elena that?"

"I think my mind just exploded." The doppelgänger held her hand against her forehead.

"Katherine's upstairs." Riley eyed the vampire up and down with a pointed look.

"Actually, I'm here to see all of you." Nadia slowly stepped in the room with an unreadable expression across her face. "I found a way to save my mother, and I need some help."