I need you

It had been two hours since I'd left I was sitting in the park parking lot ignoring the calls from my father and mother and Carter even though I wanted to talk to someone it sure as hell wasn't them I started going thru my phone contacts and noticed Mindy's number was in it..from when she'd called me about Dave...

I let my finger dance over the call button when I finally hit call, on the second ring Big Daddy picked up "Hello..Dark..Infinity" I sniffled "hey, is Mindy around?" There was a pause "yes..she's in her room..are you..ok..?" I sniffled again and said "yes, I'm just having family troubles and wanted to talk about it" again another pause "you..want to..meet somewhere? We can go...over things" I smiled "I don't want to be a bother" I heard a scoff and then him yelling for Mindy "meet us at the..bowling ally..desserts on me" I smiled and said ok I started my car and began my drive.

When I parked my car I tried to fix my face and get my crying under control, then walked in I immediately noticed the blonde Mindy sitting with I'm guessing big daddy, I walked over and stood beside their table observing them without their costumes on "thanks for meeting me here" I said trying to be polite, Mindy who was shoveling a hot fudge Sunday down nodded and I sat beside her

"So Kamryn, can..I call you...Kamryn?" I nodded "what seems to be the..problem?" I looked at the table trying not to cry as I explained it all to them trying to not sound like a complete pussy, "wow your dad's kind of a douche" I laughed a little "I guess, you're lucky you have big daddy" she nodded and then her face lit up "we can share him! You could be like my sister!" I laughed again.

We bowled for a while with Big Daddy winning I told them I had to go "thanks for everything guys" Mindy looked at me with sad eyes? "Well you wanna stay at my house?" I looked over at big daddy "you're..welcome to..if you'd like" I looked at Mindy "that'd be awesome!" Mindy jumped up and down she was really different then her HitGirl persona

After getting to Mindy's house I had to say it looked pretty ordinary, I expected her to live in a bat cave or something like that but then again they were just people like me.

She took me to her room first it was pretty ordinary, pink sheets a computer desk with a laptop and a dresser with pictures of herself and her dad when she was younger it was cute. "You can sleep in my bed with me, it's not as big as yours but it'll do" I nodded she then asked me if I wanted to train with her and big daddy which of course I couldn't say no luckily she had some bigger yoga pants and a oversized t-shirt that fit me perfectly due to my slender figure, we walked into a room that I knew was underground she typed some code in and led me in "this is the headquarters" I just took in the sight of any and every weapon you could think of hanging on the walls "this is pretty amazing!" She agreed then she took me to another room decked out in more weapons but was out forward as a training room, after waiting on big daddy we began training not going to lie Mindy beat my ass a little and every time I got angrier until I was able to dodge her attacks fully.

We decided it had been enough after I'd accidentally punched big daddy in the nose. We all went to the living room and I sat down while Mindy and big daddy disappeared into the kitchen to only come back with three cups of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows it was awesome, we just sat together on the couch and drunk our got chocolate. After that it was Mindy's bed time so we headed up to her room and i stayed in the training clothes to sleep in as we got in each side of the smallish bed big daddy tucked us both in and kissed Mindy goodnight he then came to the other side and kissed my forehead goodnight "goodnight...Mindy and Kamryn..Sweet dreams..girls" it reminded me of when my dad came into my room and told me things would change, I liked the idea of just leaving my family and staying with Mindy and Big Daddy they were all I would need, but I knew I couldn't just leave my family so with that as my last thought I drifted off.