Sixty Years (Bofur)

I had been in love for as long as I could remember. It all started when I met Bofur. I had never thought that I would ever fall in love, but something about him in particular that had stolen my heart. At first I didn't think much of him, but as we got to know each other I found that there was something particularly endearing about him. The way he thought of others before himself and how carefree and happy he was made my heart beat fast and my attention focus fully on him.

A month after meeting I confessed my feelings for him. When I told him he looked shocked, but then smiled wider than I had ever seen. He quickly closed the gap between us and hugged me for a minute before saying "I feel exactly the same way." and kissing me lightly. For years we lived together. We occasionally got into small spats, but there was no one I would rather spend time with. When the dragon came we were forced apart and we haven't seen each other since

It has been more than sixty years since the dragon took away our home and even after all this time I miss my love Bofur more than anything. I have been hearing whispered rumors that a small group of dwarfs including the heir Thorin Oakenshield. I also heard that Bofur might be going as well. This made me extremely nervous. What if he died? What if I never see him again? I don't think I'd be able to live my whole life without ever seeing him again.

It has been months since the supposed quest to take back Erebor. Just a few weeks ago Daín and his army left to help Thorin with the battle to protect the mountain from others who wanted the gold and gems and now a messenger has come to tell what happened.

Bofur is alive! I am so happy! Of course no one else is nearly as happy as I am. The line of Durin has ended. Thorin and his nephews Fíli and Kili have died and the whole dwarven community is mourning their deaths. I am joining as it is a terrible tragedy, but I just can't wait to move back to the mountain and be with my love once more.

I am finally home! I have sent a messenger to fetch Bofur and I can hardly contain my excitement. I stand up as the door opens and there is Bofur as beautiful as I remember. I run to him and kiss him deeply as he kisses me back. "I've missed this so much." I say quietly as we break apart. He smiles and replies "So have I." and just like that we have our old life back and I am happier than I have been in sixty years.